VI

"Exams are going to kill me" Melanie complained as they sat in the Gryffindor Common Room, lounging around on the sofa's as millions of papers, books, pens and ink surrounded them in massive piles that looked messy on the outside. But, they actually had a system running. "I don't even know what I want to work as when I leave this place"

"I don't either, if I'm honest" Lily admits as she is scribbling away for exam preparation, "I do know that I would like to help ease tension with muggles and half-breeds however, they need to push past their prejudice views" she nodded to herself as she finishes off a bullet point and then turned to Crystal. "And what would you like to do?"

Crystal had to ponder for a moment, truth be told, she wasn't going to end up with a job as she was being married off to Evan Deaver, but she still knew her reply. "A transfiguration professor" she smiled lightly at the thought of the job.

"You'd have to knock Minnie if you wanted to job here, she's never going to leave, I swear!" Melanie added on with a grin.

"That's not fair!" Lily argued back, defending their teacher. "She's only....well, how old is she?" The three girls then looked upon each other and laughed at the phrase, the defending had gone horribly.

"The real question is...who's older, Dumbledore or Minnie?" Melanie adds on with a wide grin, Crystal rolls her eyes slightly at the girl before answering sharply.

"It's obviously Dumbledore!"  Crystal argued sharply, with her chin held high to show she was fully positive with her answer.

The three girls hadn't an idea of what was about to happen next, but it certainly forced them into the reality they were trying their best to ignore. As they were laughing lightly to each other and shifting papers and quils, Remus Lupin came sprinting into the common room with blood-red eyes, tear stained cheeks and a dismal looking expression.

"Girls!" He quickly shouted to gain their attention, they all snapped their heads to him immediately.

"Remus, what's wrong?" Lily Evans was the first one to stand up ans approach her friend, holding onto his hands gently. "What's happened?"

"It's James's parents..." Remus trailed off, and Melanie let out a gasp behind them, covering her mouth as her face turned white. "They don't...they aren't coming back..."

Lily was quick to run out of the room, most likely to find James so that she could comfort him, Melanie played almost like a shadow as she followed behind to find Sirius...James's parents were also his and so he must've been in a state as well.

"Oh Remus.." Crystal sighs as she stands up herself, pulling the saddened man into her arms sadly, causing his hands to instantly unwrap themselves around her. This moment was known as one of Crystal's best memories with Remus, a time when they clung onto each other and comforted the best they could in the Gryffindor Common Room's silence.

It was also the moment where everything fell apart.