38. Amy

He could barely hold his breath, but not to the extent of his wife.

He could see the pain, work and pressure she put as Alexis started to deliver the young baby that was nine months in the making.

"Keep going!" the doctor encouraged. "I see the head.

Jaden could barely feel anything as Alexis squeezed his hand for eternally. Her heavy breathing was a sign to continue, it was a sign of strength.

The trusted doctor did everything he could to make sure the blonde woman feel comfortable, which was a relief to the couple.

Alexis grunted and screamed sharply, squeezing her lover's hand harder.

"You got this, Lex!" Jaden cheered.

Both Winged Kuriboh and Yubel peaked from his shoulder, hoping Alexis and the baby will turn out fine. Yubel especially eyed everything like a hawk, she shared Jaden's body making that baby a part of her technically.

'She'll be fine... this is all part of- SHIT... the plan.' Jaden reassured the demon through his mind as Alexis squeezed his hand with much more force.

"Just a little more. You're doing perfect!" the doctor encourage.

"I-I don't know if I can do this!" she cried in pain.

Alexis made sure to put her whole body into this baby, while Jaden held her hand. Suddenly the brown haired man then had an idea.

"Come on, Lex! Your opponent has two hundred life points, it's your turn and you have the cards to finish them!" he encouraged, hoping using something she'd love will pep her up.

The doctor and nurses blinked in confusion, however it seemed to work as Alexis continued to delivery the young baby.

Soon, the doctor was holding a small bundle of joy after some time of labor. Alexis was immediately drained, but not too drained that she couldn't stay awake. She slowly released Jaden's hand, as he stroked her long hair lovingly.

"It's over..." he whispered before kissing her lips softly.

Alexis smiled, nodding her head. "I don't remember this being so painful... childbearing that is. I guess it has been years..."

Before Jaden could say anything, the doctor came into the room holding a bundle in a warm white cloth. "Congratulations... you have a new baby girl." Announced the doctor.

Alexis' eyes brightened while Jaden was shocked. A daughter? Sure he loved kids and had nothing against having a daughter but it was something that brought him a bit of fear.

His world would be so much different... there was a different kind of love a father would have to express to his daughter. He still didn't know much about girls despite being a husband. Would his daughter see him as a dissapointment? He wondered.

How could one man handle all the pressure...?

"Jaden..." Alexis whispered, which made him pause. He looked down and saw his smiling wife holding the newborn. "Wanna say hello?"

Jaden was handed the baby. He took a look at the sleeping baby which practically made his heart melt. She was the most beautiful baby girl in the world. She had fair skin like her mother, rosy cheeks and a patch of blonde hair at the top.

"You know... she looks exactly like you, Lexi." Jaden commented.

Suddenly the baby opened her large, round eyes. There were soft looking and were hazel as well. The baby immediately smiled at Jaden, trying to reach for his hair.

"H-Hey, quit it!" Jaden playfully scolded, which made the baby giggle.

Alexis giggled as well. "I can tell she's a daddy's girl." she commented. "She adores you already."

"S-She does?"

Alexis nodded. "You're her father, Jaden. Why wouldn't she love you? You've been taking care of the both of us, you're also funny, sweet and anyone would be lucky to have you as a father." she explained.

Hearing those words boosted Jaden's confidence. Maybe... he was fit to be a good father to his now little girl. The beaming smile and energetic coos from the baby made him feel more calm and affectionate.

"I'll take good care of you..." Jaden whispered, kissing her forehead before handing the baby over to Alexis.

Alexis sighed happily and the baby slowly slept in her arms. "I'll stay the night with the baby." said Alexis. "You can return home if you want, Jay."

"No way, Lex. We're in this together." Jaden replied, sitting down on a chair next to the hospital bed. "Besides, it'd kinda feel like I'm abandoning the both of you..."

"Will you be able to rest?" she asked. "I know it's not the most comfortable."

The man smirked. "Trust me, I slept through Crowler's lectures, this shouldn't be hard." he said as he leaned back against the wall slightly. "You just focus on getting rest..."

Alexis nodded, adjusting her herself comfortably while holding the baby in her arms. "You're right... oh! Jaden? We should probably name her."

"Oh yeah... forgot that's important!" Jaden joked. "Have any ideas?"

Alexis shook her head. "I'm afraid not... oh we can't have our baby be nameless, Jay."

Jaden scratched the tip of his nose. "Well... I always had a name that I liked, but since we had a son first then it'd be kinda silly."

"What is it?" Alexis asked. "And I hope it's not Ja-"

"It's Amy!" he interrupted. "I think Amy would be a nice name for her."

"Amy..." Alexis whispered, staring at her sleeping daughter. "I have to admit... I kinda like that name too..."

"Sweet!" Jaden whispered in relief. "Finally we can agree on a name for our kid by ourselves... so... we decided on Amy right?"

Alexis couldn't help but smile, not only at her husband's goofy smile but at her new daughter's slight smile as she slept. It was as if she was listening to the conversation.

"Amy... Amy it is..."