33. Someone's Embrace

She hated it when he's not home at night. The house was only filled with complete silence as the baby was asleep and the blonde woman read her favorite book in her bedroom.

Patience was running thin as Alexis waited for her husband to return, being how Jaden was... he was unpredictable. She wondered if trouble found him and no one knew... then again, Jaden would always find a way to get through any challenge. Right?

Of course, it still didn't rid her concern. However her body started to lack energy. Within a second she immediately drifted into a slumber.

In her dream... something she could hardly call a dream, Alexis was being pulled away from her husband by a force wanting to keep her away from the isolated Jaden. As she was being stripped away of her comfort, Alexis struggled and tried on her life to resist the force that was tearing her apart. Tears rode down her cheek as she was slowly sinking into the shadows... it was like she was fading away from existence... and away from him.

Yet... she felt a warm embrace wrap around her... strong reassuring arms which pulled her out from the shadows and into a deep comfort where nothing got to her. Her once scared and down expression turned into a smile, hiding her true tears of joy. A new, shining light was revealed towards the blonde.

However she woke up... returning back into reality.

Alexis checked the clock to see it was already passed midnight, then she looked at her chest and saw a familiar snoring head snuggling at her bosom.

"Finally..." She whispered, as she felt his embrace and warmth. "I missed you..." She whispered.

She smiled, running her fingers through a patch of brown hair and kissed his ear before falling asleep. She didn't want to wake him because right now... he was perfect at where he's at... to her, he was perfect period...

His loud snores, his sleep talking, his drool... there wasn't a thing she wanted to change.

Because that's how she liked it...