24 It's Not Selfish If It's Deserved.

I snaked swiftly through the traveling people like a tropical fish swimming through a familiar coral reef. The market this morning seemed more crowded than usual. I decided to stop behind a tree to count the coins I carried before browsing over the items I may wish to purchase. To blend in to the crowd better and pose as a content married couple, Bennet got a job in town while I was supposed to stay home most of the time. Bennet worked as a fisherman again, but had to travel far to the nearest river. I counted plenty of money for me to spend some on needs and something for myself.

I walked up the the variety of vacant booths, bright colors illuminating off of the trinkets, food, and clothes each one held. I purchased some bread, milk, eggs, and potatoes for now, for we had plenty else stocked at the house. I skimmed over the products each booth consisted of. I passed by many adorable trinkets of dolls shaped like girls, boys, horses, and even elves. "Oh, this is rather adorable" I picked up the elven doll, admiring the way it looked. "Miss, we have some that vary in hair and clothing color" the woman behind the booth spoke to me. I peered to where she was referring to, my eyes widening at the blonde haired elven doll wearing green clothing. "I'll take that one" she smiled at the doll before handing to me as I paid her for it. I walked along more booths, clutching the doll resembling my love to my chest. But there was a booth that caught my attention. It had a canopy of a dark blue hue, and held unusual items inside.

I walked to it to get a closer look, almost dropping my belongings in the process. The booth had items with the same symbol as the silk flag I picked up in the wee hours of the morning. "These are from the ancient elven tribe of the Gallagtola people. They were once allies of us in Rohan. Then they began to disappear. Only remembered by their songs, few stories, and these objects of theirs that I have collected over the years." The woman was an elder, showing me more things of my people.

"What was the song?" I had asked. "Was it something of a siren?". "No miss. The siren song is only used for summoning elements. The song of the people is long since heard of. Yet I remember the faint melody. My mother used to take me to the edge of the forest where the tribe lay, then we would wait for the elves to come out." she stared into the sky, as if reminiscing such time. "I read about them in a book once. Do you think they are still around?" the woman seemed fascinated that I cared for her collection and the people she admired.

"Come" she motioned for me to come inside the booth where she was. She pulled out a box underneath piles of fabric, and opened it carefully. "You are the only other person I have known to take interest in the tribe. Before I am to pass someday, I would like to leave this to you." she handed me a piece of paper with delicate handwriting. "But we just met" I stood back a bit, trying to process what was going on. "Nonsense. I need these items to be passed on to someone. For the world to know of the great people the Fangorn Forest once held." she forced the paper into my hands. As I examined it, I realized it was a contract of who should take these items after her passing. I signed it. Not for me, but for my people.

"Could I buy an item or two from your collection?" I looked around at the marvelous creations of the tribe. She nodded before pulling another item out of the box where the contract had lay. "This should be your size, it would look lovely on you." she held up a dress of a light colored jam. "It's great for moving around in quickly. Like midnight fights" she eyed me while grinning. "You know I practice" I sighed in understanding. She nodded before ushering me behind a curtain. "Try this on lass, and call for me if you need assistance." I took the dress she held out and placed all pieces of it on. I stepped out shortly after, causing the older woman to gasp in awe.

"Oh dear, run out behind the booth quickly and look into the mirror I keep back there" I did as told and found the large mirror. I gasped as well when I saw how I looked in the . The jam colored dress was long in the back and hoisted up in the front, showing a bright white chemise. The neckline stopped at my shoulders and the sleeves were kept short. Hanging below the sleeves, was the long white chemise sleeves, a side of it tied to at the elbows. A brown corset tightened the torso, but not restricting any movement needed. "It's beautiful" the woman looked at me in such awe. "Dear, just take it. No need to pay." she then stopped me from protesting against her offer. "Well at least let me pay for another item" we moved back to the front of the shop as I packed my previous clothes and elven doll into my bag.