𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

~ a month later ~

"vee!! i'm streaming don't come in!!!"

vienna picked at the skin under her nails rather rapidly. she was currently sitting on the couch doing absolutely nothing except drowning in her thoughts. it was times like these when she became most anxious.

In her, almost, 24 years of living, she's encountered many hardships. From anxiety, insomnia, depression, and even mental abuse. every single one leading to the same person that started it all. these past few years with arabella, away from her family, and her old friends had helped a lot.

however, it seems to get worse this past half year. more sleepless nights, more of her bad anxiety habits, and overthinking once again consumed her life.

she wasn't sure why she had always gotten afraid when arabella would stream. it's not like her viewers could see her, and they didn't know about her either.

when they moved into the new, bigger flat in Hove, vienna hadn't expected many things to change. and they didn't. i mean arabella was still her best friend, they still lived together, and she still had online courses.

the only major change she was nervous about was finding a job. she loved working at the cafe, so it was sad to have to leave. maybe she'd try getting a job at tesco.

but at the same time, she liked working in smaller shops. ones that weren't often occupied with a lot of people. she was unsure but maybe she'd look around town tomorrow.

when they first settled in, arabella insisted on paying for their first month of rent, and after lots of no's and yes's, vienna gave in. it took about three weeks to get fully settled in and arabella had started streaming from their second day there.

between school and vienna's own hobbies, she didn't have time to watch arabella's stream. that never stopped her from asking arabella how they went and what she did. arabella was understanding of it, and was always happy to tell vienna about it.

something she especially liked to talk about was how kinda her chat was, and how fast it had been growing. it's only been about a month but she already has around 1k followers twitch, and many more on her social medias.

she didn't always go into detail in order to avoid boring vienna. vienna was proud of arabella nonetheless. she was glad bella had found something she was interested and passionate about.

maybe that's why she had been so anxious since arabella started streaming. she found something she enjoyed and something she could possibly do for the rest of her life, or at least a long while.

vienna had no clue what she wanted to do. she wouldn't even know where to start. ever since she was little, the constant weight of needing to succeed had dragged her down.

as hard as she tried, it never seemed to be enough for her parents. her dad especially, wanted her to be something big and successful. she knew she couldn't do that. she couldn't picture herself doing that. it seemed so far out of reach.

now, her hope was to become a writer. it was practically impossible tho. where would she even start and would it be enough?

author's note:
thank you for 4k reads!!