𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

i'm back

he's back? he's back. that's all he could say after being gone for eight months. does he even know how worried i was? how long i spent reaching out to anyone he could've been in contact with?

"well? what'd you do while you were gone for so long?" anyone could tell niki was upset with that tone of voice, but also relieved.

wilbur sat for a while, letting the silence last a little longer. "well, i only planned to be gone a few weeks, but after i visited you i kinda just went places. and eventually i just wanted to embrace the opportunity that i had to be gone for a while. i know i should've been in touch but, niki, you have no idea how good it felt to be gone for so long with no responsibility. no drama, no hate, none of that. i was able to think about how i felt and what i wanted to do. you know i've always had a passion for music and i finally found something to write about. i'm sorry, i really am."

niki could never stay mad at wilbur. his explanation was reasonable and he seemed worried of what she would say. "i'm glad it was good. i've missed you and so have your followers. it's good you've finally had something to write about, but do you plan on recording any of it?"

"oh definitely, i just need to find out when and how."

"well i'll leave you to it. i have a feeling i'm not the only person you have to say hello to again."

"thank you, bye niki."

and with that, the call was over.  he spent the next hour saying quick hello's and "explaining" why he was gone.

he was glad to be back with a better mindset and more motivation. he just wondered what twitter would think.

author's note
update! i've also added a new section called 'the story' with face claims for vienna and arabella :)
and thank you for 9k reads! it really means a lot <3
lastly, not back from my little break, but thought i might as well update since i'm fixing up the book!