𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

it had been days since vienna's last encounter with wilbur. arabella said she wouldn't stream until vienna felt at least a little better, so she was always helping take care of her. by that i mean she just made her dinner and brought her tea every night.

wilbur sent her messages everyday and even called her a few times, but she couldn't bare to answer. it wasn't because she didn't want to. she did, she really did. he was another comfort to her and he always made the time to meet her when she wanted or needed to.

the only thing stopping her was how embarrassed she was for running away from him. arabella told her that she had nothing to be embarrassed about. she said it was a normal thing to happen under her circumstances, meaning her abandonment issues from her anxiety.

she's had a boyfriend before. a year before she met wilbur, she broke up with her now ex-boyfriend. there was a lot of reasoning behind it, but the one thing he took away from that relationship was her ability to feel loved. it wasn't really the only thing, but it was the result of everything else.

a light knock was heard at her door, arabella following closely behind with a cup of tea. "you have to talk to him eventually. just let him know you're okay." she placed the tea down on vienna's nightstand, "you know, he's been asking me about you and i don't know how much more of it i can take. he's gotten all sappy. it's kinda cute but part of me wants to throw up about it."

they both laughed as arabella left the room. she decided to give vienna her space while she collected her thoughts these past few days. it was the least she could do for vienna.

sometimes, when vienna really wanted the company, she would ask arabella to stay. arabella would lay on vienna's bed, mindlessly exploring different apps on her phone. meanwhile, vienna would be at her desk trying to catch up on schoolwork she got too unmotivated to finish.

vienna thought for a while. mostly about wilbur, but also about how lonely she felt at the moment and how much more schoolwork she had to get done. she came to two conclusions.

imessages!

wilbur

hey, i don't know why you
ran off today but i hope i
didn't overstep any
boundaries or anything. i'm
sorry if i did, it wasn't my
intention.

vienna?

vienna please answer

goodnight, v

hey. it's been a few days. i'm
starting to get worried. text
me back when you can please

hello?

why aren't you answering
my calls?

text me back, please vienna.

i've spoken to arabella. i'll
give you your space if that's
what you need. i hope you
feel better soon.

she read the messages one by one, sometimes going back and reading some again. was he really that worried? was he really capable of loving her?

no. he's not. he'll end up just like the last. leaving you where? broken and alone, just like always. how pathetic.

ouch.

yes, he is. you can see it in these texts. he even wrote a song about you! and he practically admitted it to you the other day. give him a chance.

she hated this whole angel and devil on the shoulder thing. it was practically impossible for her to make a decision, let alone on the spot.

imessages!

wilbur

we'll talk soon.

how soon?

soon.

bella :>

can you keep me company
while i do some work?

yeah! gimme a few minutes :)

author's note
next chapter soon??