𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝗼𝐮𝐫

vee :>

yeah! gimme a few minutes :)

she walked over to the front door, making sure to open it quietly. she gave wilbur a quick hug before allowing him to come inside. his tall structure forcing him to crouch when passing the doorways.

arabella laughed at the inconvenience while she closed the door. she made her way over to wilbur, who was standing in the kitchen.

"she's asked me to keep her company while she works, but i think it'd be a much better time for you to talk. so, you'll be replacing me in this situation." she led him toward vienna's bedroom.

"what do i even do? what if she doesn't want to talk to me right now? she did say soon, but i don't think she meant this soon. what if i mess up, arabella?" he was talking fast and nervously. something arabella noticed was similar between him and vienna.

"you'll be fine. just be yourself and be comfortable. the last thing she needs is someone being uncomfortable in her presence. don't push it either." and with that, she walked away.

this left wilbur standing alone in front of vienna's door. he knocked lightly a few times, waiting for a response before entering. "come in!" there it was.

he walked in, awkwardly standing at the entrance of the room. vienna didn't turn back to check who walked in, but then again why would she. she thought it was arabella in the room, not him.

he examined the room from the position he was yet to move from. creme, almost white, walls surrounded him. they were covered in paintings, posters of her favorite bands, and a shelf lined with plants.

the floor was a glossy, dark wood. to his left was her bed, a nightstand and door on one side and a small arm chair on the other. he assumed the door led to her bathroom.

the wall straight ahead had a brown desk pushed against it and another door, he assumed it was her closet. vienna was sitting at the desk. it was cluttered and organized all at the same time, but she was focused on the laptop in front of her.

the wall to his right was lined with bookshelves and a small table. the bookshelves were lined with loads of books. he assumed- no. he knew most of those books were poetry. vinyls, some old looking and some new, were lined on the small table. a dark brown record player next to them.

this is when he noticed it was playing something. the music was low and hardly audible. it stopped playing, causing vienna to turn in her chair.

after moving the needle to play the vinyl from the start, her gaze made its way to wilbur. she looked like she just saw a ghost. she couldn't make out any words and wilbur couldn't form any either.

"so this is love" by the castells played, and they just stared at each other. the eye contact was never broken. neither of them wanted it to.

they felt like every word that needed to be said could be seen through each others' eyes in this very moment.

the song was almost over when vienna got up and hugged wilbur. he didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around her, too. as the song faded out, all that could be heard was a muffled "i'm sorry" coming from vienna. wilbur only hugged her tighter.

author's note
next chapter tmrw :)
gonna edit this story to have the same format as my others!