𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝗼

wil :)

could you meet me?

where at?

our spot.

be there soon.

vienna stood in the cold brighton air. her body had subconsciously wandered to the pier and she remembered the times her and wilbur would spend here.

wilbur eventually showed up, a book in hand. once close enough, she checked what book it was. oh no.

"you asked for me?" he stood next to her.

"in fact i did. wanted someone to talk with." she gave him a quick glance.

he raised an eyebrow. "anything in particular?"

"no." she deadpanned.

wilbur held the book up, handing it to her. she grabbed it, pulling it close to her chest. "i read the pages, the annotations, all of it. 'come to terms with yourself so you can be the best you for him.' am i him?"

she never once turned to look at him. "seemingly so."

neither of the spoke a word for the next twenty minutes. all that could be heard was the howling wind and the waves crashing. the moon was beginning to fall and she knew she'd have to go home soon. "i'm sorry."

wilbur got the chills at the sudden noise. "you're gonna have to be a little more specific, vee."

"i'm sorry for everything. i'm sorry for always calling you out here at the latest times when you have your own life to live. i'm sorry you have to see me at my worst. i'm sorry i shut you out. i'm sorry i ran away from you. i'm sorry i kissed you. all of it. i'm sorry. i try so hard for you but i never think i'll be enough."

wilbur sighed. he took her hand in his, giving it a small squeeze. "you don't need to apologize. i enjoy these nights here, with you. i don't care that you shut me out. i don't care that you ran away. and i sure as hell don't care that you kissed me. it's all okay. you, vienna, are enough for me. your smile, your crazy hair, your books and records, your cat, your hometown, all of it. it's enough for me to love you for you. even through the anxiety and the days you want to spend alone. if you're not willing to see that now, then i'm willing to wait til you do."

"promise?"

"with all my heart."

author's note
yes i said i'd take a break. yes i just wrote like four chapters in the past two days to end this story. i don't wanna end this but one more chapter ue ue ue