Listen

Able stood slowly before suddenly dashing towards you again.

You didn't so much as flinch, swiftly blocking attacks from his now short melee blades.

They were definitely a bit faster then his giant long sword.

He had managed to clip your arm with his blade, a small cut appearing on your forearm.

Though at that same moment your axe collided with his thigh, cutting a thick gash into it.

Able leapt back several feet from you looking down at his wounded leg before glancing up at you angrily.

"You....why do you bother? What do you fight for other then those pathetic researchers and foundation personnel?"

You said nothing at first, grip tightening on your weapon.

"No. I fight for others like me."

You began.

"Why not Let us hold fast the confessions of our hope without wavering for he who promised is faithful."

Able seemed to glower at the Testament.

"You call others pathetic and yet you forget one important thing you were taught."

"And what would that be?"

He spat.

"For dust you are and to dust you will return."

You replied, the quote obviously coming from the book of genesis.

"Is that not why you turn to dust when you die?"

Ables shoulders tensed, his nose twitched and a displeased grimace crossed his features.

"You expect me to respect the gods after what they've allowed to happen to me??"

He hissed.

"No...they didn't allow it. Cain was punished to walk the earth for all eternity and that all land around him would become barren."

"And me?! What did they do for me??!"

Able screamed, clenching his weapons.

"Even after my death I was cursed to come back and seek vengeance against an immortal being?!? For what have I done to deserve this?!"

"Nothing."

"What..."

"You did nothing wrong."

You replied.

"You ask for my honesty so I will give it to you."

Ables gaze seemed to bore into your soul.

His blade crashed down against your axe.

"You have every right to be angry, Able. You loved him-"

"Shut up!"

"He was your family!-your brother. One of the people on this earth who were supposed to love, care for you and protect you the most in this world. Siblings are supposed to protect one other!!!"

Your blades locked, both parties pressing hard, the pressure causing the blades to tremble.

Everything seemed so quiet in that moment as you stared directly back into him.

"He was your big brother. You looked up to him. You loved him and cared for him...and he betrayed you in the worst way he possibly could! You have every right to feel as angry and bitter as you do!"

You could feel the pressure on his end wavering slightly.

His mouth was clenched tightly, his teeth bared.

"Stop."

He hissed- his breathing growing shaky.

"You don't know anything!!!!"

He screamed, the pressure returning.

You dodged the blade he swung at you instead forcing your blades to lock again so you could push harder.

"You only kill as a coping mechanism!! You kill because you want to silence all the anger and pain he caused you!!!!"

"SHUT UP!!!!"

Spark flew as you desperately blocked his now furious swings.

"He got to live on and have a family Able! He got to do whatever he truly wanted with his life while you were left to rot in the ground!!!"

Your blades locked once more and you went in for the kill.

"You may hate his guts and not forgive him-and you don't have to what he did to you was horrible! But he's never forgiven himself either because he knows how wrong it was!!! To betray the only family that he'd had!!"

You pushed with all your might.

"And even if you could kill him you wouldn't because you love him and that makes you weak!!! SO YOU TAKE IT OUT ON THOSE WEAKER THEN YOU!!!!"

It was then you could feel the harsh trembling from the other and you looked upon him.

His face still held a furious anger though now...

Water cascaded down the sides of his face as he breathed heavily.

Shakily.

Suddenly he tore away and you thought he was going to swing at you instead though much to your surprise he stormed away the opposite direction, instead beginning his assault on the reinforced steel containment doors.

So much pent up anger, and frustration was being taken out on those poor doors.

Howls of rage and sorrow escaped the being as he swung harder and harder against the door with the sword, screaming in some sort of ancient tongue.

Eventually the sword disintegrated and Able continued the assault with his fists, managing to leave considerable dents until his knuckles and hands began to bleed.

Finally after almost an hour of standing there watching his complete and utter frustrations being taken out on the door the SCP seemed to collapse to the ground.

At first you thought he'd exerted himself to the point of exhaustion but-

You tentatively took a step and were completely astonished at what you heard, guilt gripping at your very being.

Soft sobs were emanating from his form.