Mentor

"There....all done."

You mumbled softly, patting his leg and standing up.

Earlier every time you'd fought him-

You never really had, had the chance to take in his appearance.

He looked younger then you'd expected.

Maybe early twenties?

He had to physically at the oldest be 24-25.

(In this book the reader is in their twenties FYI.)

And honestly though you tried to ignore this it made you feel inherently bad for him and made you want to help him.

Being and older brother to your own siblings made you look at him in a similar light.

He hadn't exactly had a good experience with his own brother.

Not knowing what to do, you gently ruffled the hair on his head before walking towards the exit.

You gently knocked with your knuckles.

"Alright...that's enough for today. Can I come out now?"

You heard some hushed whispering from the other side of the door-

Probably debating on whether they should risk opening the door for you.

Training your gaze back over to Able suddenly the door opened just a crack, forcing you to shimmy through it sideways.

The door was immediately slammed shut and the moment you stepped through you were SWAMPED by curious researchers.

A few higher level personnel forced everyone to disband, visibly annoyed.

Back in Ables containment the SCP warily brought a hand up to where you ruffled his hair.

The action had been eerily familiar to him- though last he'd felt it was thousands of years ago.

...................................................

After what had happened- you immediately began reading through the files trying to find any possible way you could make a proposal to the council.

You wanted to begin looking into SCP 076 yourself more.

However first you had to get permission somehow.

So that's why you'd roped yourself in to do as much research on the SCP as possible.

Well....that and you felt sorry for him.

There had to be some way to deal with him more humanely.

Instead of slaughtering him like an animal every time he re-spawned inside the artifact and stepped outside of it.

You knew well about his inlet and had read every possible thing- you'd even taken care to add the new information that'd come from your own interaction with the entity.

This made you Flip through the files with more determination- after everything Able had been through he deserved more then this.

You would figure out a way to lessen the affects of this curse.