Room

You didn't release Ables forearm until you reached your shared dorm on the helicarrier.

"Why do you grab onto me...?"

Able suddenly questioned, making you glance at him.

"I'm not stupid, I wouldn't just up and slit her throat-"

Your mouth straightened into a firm line.

"You sure about that..."

Able almost looked offended.

"She's not nearly strong enough for me to consider a challenge. She can do silly stuff with her camera but that's it. Could she pick up a sword and take me on? Hell no."

Able pulled the black t-shirt (or shit as bi-myselfhoe mentioned) you'd gotten him out of his bag, swapping out the one he was wearing so he could wash it.

This made you awkwardly avert your gaze.

As your gaze made its way back your mouth went dry.

It was just....

So unusual to see him in something so....casual?

He still wore his cargo shorts and all but he'd swapped his military combat shirt for the simple black T-shirt.

You quietly extended your hand so that you could take it to be washed.

Able held it out to you as if for you to take it though as your hand grabbed a hold of it his own grip held fast.

"You still didn't answer my question."

His grip remained on the shirt, holding you there.

"I...I care about what happens to you. I just want to make sure your fine."

You replied cautiously.

Able was about to question whether that was the truth but his mind shot back to all the times you'd stood close to him, grabbing his forearm, putting yourself in front of him, sitting next to him and allowing him to place his head on your shoulder.

'I just want you to be happy.'

Recommending him books, feeding him, sparring whenever he wanted to, giving him things, being there we he needed to talk, not being afraid of him in the slightest...

You.....

You didn't treat him like a tool.

You'd persevered and fought for him to go on missions again because you knew that's what he wanted and you were genuinely trying to make things better for him.

You did care.

Able was quiet for several minutes.

"Able...? Are you okay...?"

He nodded, and you tried to turn to put his shirt in the bin only for his hand to fall on your wrist.

And like that you were suddenly yanked closer to the man.

He was a couple inches taller then you, a fact you were forced to realize as he pulled you into his chest-

And wrapped you in a hug.

What?

It only lasted a couple of seconds but your brain broke.

After Able pulled away he held your shoulder.

"Thank you for always caring enough to ask my own feelings and trying to give me what I need."

frozen to your spot, you practically had to snap yourself out of it.

"Ah...it's no big deal. I just feel like everyone deserves a chance at happiness."

You replied softly, trying not to be awkward.

Before you could say anything else, Able did something you never thought he'd do in a million years.

He smiled at you.

Only for a split second and he was gone, walking into the bathroom.

Progress.