Where to begin?

You left the meeting room with your head held high.

Sliding the clipboard down onto your desk you sat down and began to brainstorm ideas.

The only things you really knew about Able was A. His history because of the book of genesis and B. He liked to fight and kill.

You flicked through the pages.

There had to be something-

AH-HA!

'The Epic of Gilgamesh? Books about war and legendary heroes....of course.'

You thought.

What would be a good book he hasn't read yet....?

You wracked your brain for something.

'hmm...maybe that'll do?'

..................................................

First you'd ordered a small bookshelf to put in Ables containment.

Nothing fancy but...it'd hold a couple of books.

It was small enough to carry with relative ease along with the small bag you had.

You immediately felt eyes on you as you entered 076's containment.

Walking towards the east corner of the room you gently sat the small bookshelf down- being sure to leave space between it and the corner with the plan to perhaps add some sort of bed later on.

As you stood you turned around only to find Able standing directly behind you secretly surprising the bajeesus out of you.

"Are you here to fight me again?"

Able questioned, arms crossed and brows furrowed.

After what you said last time you wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to cut your head off.

"Actually no. I'm here to give you some things."

"What could you possibly give me that-"

Able began Snarling only for you to reach into the bag and pull out a book.

"What do you think I'm actually gonna translate more for-"

"No, its just a book for you to read if you like. It's one of my favorite books about battles."

The SCP tentatively reached out and took the book.

His eyes scoured the cover.

"The 300....?"

You nodded.

"Are you familiar with the Battle of Thermopylae?"

Able flipped it over to the back.

"Leonidas....?"

You nodded smiling on the inside.

Looks like he at least found it worthy of some of his attention.

"The roman empire was considered one of the most powerful in its time. They were know for their Spartan warriors."

"The name Leonidas sounds familiar."

You're gaze flicked over to Able.

Was he....

Familiar with events that occurred in 480 B.C?

'Yeah Y/n you dumbass...he'd been around for like 10'000 years you dingus. He must have AT LEAST heard something of it."

"It was a pretty common name around that time..."

You murmured with a nod.

Once again your hand reached into the bag, shuffling through it so you could place them on the bookshelf.

You'd brought him-

'Band of brothers'
'The book thief'
'The Odyssey'
'Greek mythology'
'The art of war'
'The Epic of Gilgamesh'
'Hamlet'
'Beowulf'
'King Arthur'
'Hercules'
'The twelve Olympians'
And the most unusual but hey let's give it a shot-
'Frankenstein.'

You thought maybe he'd be able to sympathise with the creature and its feelings on humanity.

After delicately placing these on the shelf you turned around half expecting Able to be standing with his sword ready-

Only to find him sitting on the floor with the book open in his lap, seemingly ignoring your presence.

You nodded feeling relatable.

'Priorities.'