Resentment

Making your way down the corridor, you had several files clasped in your hand as you made your way towards the file room.

Most researchers here despised the file room though you didn't quite mind it.

It was nice and quiet in there, seeming cut off from the rest of the building almost.

As you pushed open the door, it seemed blissfully empty as it commonly was.

Or at least it seemed that way until you made your way in deeper and the soft glow from the lights ahead seemed to reflect off of something in the desk-

More like sitting at it.

You were quite surprised to notice a humanoid being with metal arms much similar to the description of SCP 073.

"Cain...?"

You questioned softly, making the being look up.

"Oh! Hello, researcher Y/n!"

"You...know me?"

"Why yes, of course...."

Cain mumbled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"After all aren't you the researcher that's recently been put in charge of Able....?"

The scp seemed to hesitate to say as much.

"Yes...I am. He's actually doing pretty well."

You replied softly in an attempt to put the Scp at ease.

"R...Really?"

Cain questioned suddenly, almost hopefully.

In his slight excitement he'd grabbed a hold of your sleeve.

"Oh...my apologies."

He apologized quietly, releasing your sleeve.

You chuckled and patted his arm in reassurance.

"At the very least...he's doing much better then before. He seems to tolerate my presence and even seems to be warming up to me in a way."

"Has he...nevermind."

Cain replied, dismissing the question as foolish.

"Has he what?"

You questioned with a tilt of your head.

"Has he...spoke of me?"

This made you hesitate this time.

"....To a degree."

"I see..."

He murmured in reply.

"What did he say?"

"Well um...."

Nervously, you fiddled with your fingers.

"He told me what happened....and uh- you know I don't know if I should tell you the rest."

Suddenly Cain's interest was peaked.

"Please Y/n, I really want to know. We may not be on the best terms but he is my brother. Please?"

You sighed.

"He...He had some sort of a....mental breakdown I suppose. He was yelling a lot in some sort of ancient tongue and we had the footage reviewed by a sumerian expert and-"

"-and what? Sorry..."

Cain Began.

"I didn't mean to cut you off. Continue."

In reply you plucked a sheet from the folder sliding it over to Cain who looked down at it.

(Careful not to touch it so it won't disintegrate😅)