Chapter 4

Louis POV

Harry helped me stand up and moved me to the bathroom that was off my bedroom. He helped me sit down on the toilet, as he started to run the bath water to get it warm, which is how I like it.

If I had to admit, I definitely have feelings for Harry. I've had them for a while, but when Jake came into the picture and treated me how he did, those feelings went out the window. But now, with everything that's going on with Jake, I've realized those feelings have never actually gone away. He's helped me so much and I just wish I could be with him, but not with Jake in the picture. There was no way that I could tell him about the abuse, because I don't think he'd be able to handle it. I was eventually pulled out of my thoughts by him grabbing onto the hem of my shirt and I immediately pushed his hands away.

"It's okay Lou." He said softly andI shook my head no, standing up and moving away from him. He knows I'm insecure, but I don't want him to see anything, especially the bruises from Jake.

"No I j-just. I think I'm good here." I said, not making eye contact with him.

"You sure?" He asked and I nodded. He pulled me into a hug and turned off the bath water for me. "Okay, should be warm enough for you. Just shout for me if you need something. I'll be in your room."

"Thank you." He smiled, nodded, then left the bathroom, closing the door gently behind him. I broke out in tears, because these feelings of regret and guilt were coursing through my veins and I just wanted everything to be right and to be with him, but I knew I couldn't.

I almost fell asleep in the tub as Jake doesn't let me take baths, so this was a luxury. I had washed myself and was just sitting there for what felt like an hour, until Harry gently knocked on the door. I locked it so he couldn't come in, but his soft voice spoke, pulling me from my almost slumber.

"Lou?" He called. "You good in there? Don't drown on me." I chuckled and I could practically hear him grinning from behind the door.

"I'm fine, getting out now. Give me 2 seconds." I got out of the tub and dried myself off, pulling my clothes back on for now, deciding to change later. I looked at myself in the mirror and decided to leave my pants off, as there weren't bruises on there, only my chest and back really. I was going to grab joggers from my room. I opened the door to Harry sitting on my bed on his phone, which he put down once I opened the door.

"Getting cheeky are we?" He said motioning to my bare legs.

"No just getting more comfortable pants. Plus these are wet anyway." I laughed and went over to my dresser and I could feel his stares on me and I got insecure, quickly pulling on my joggers. I stopped for a second, staring off into space and it was an absence seizure cause I could feel Harry getting closer to me, but I couldn't say anything.

"Lou? Louis?" He said, but again I couldn't move, only hear his voice that I loved so much. What if he doesn't feel the same way? You'll be cheating on Jake if you do anything that awful voice in my head kept telling me. Harry put his hand on my shoulder and I snapped out of it, looking at him, who was worried.

"Sorry, just an absence." I chuckled nervously and he nodded, leading me to my bed as I yawned.

"Tired?" He asked, sitting next to me.

"A little. I didn't take my medication-" I slapped my hand over my mouth, because that was not supposed to slip out.

"Lou you didn't take you meds? You know how new meds work, you have to take them everyday, at the same time for the first few weeks for them to work." I nodded, shushing him.

"You don't think I know that?" I snapped. "I know that, it's just I forgot. I woke up late and Jake was rushing me and he said we had to go and by the time I remembered we were halfway here."

"It's not like it was an important meeting or date or something. I think you mum would've been okay with you being a little late." I shook my head no.

"No Jake had somewhere to go after he dropped me off, so yeah it kinda was." I sighed. "I'll take the nightly dose when I get home and it'll be fine. Can we get going actually, I'm tired and want to go home." No I don't, but Jake'll get suspicious if we don't leave soon.

"Of course. Need anything from your room?" I shook my head no, so we both went downstairs. "Jay I'm going to take Louis home, he's tired."

"Want to stay the night Lou? I'm sure it'll be fine with-"

"No I can't" I cut her off. "I'm sorry, but I didn't take my meds this morning, so I need to go home, take them, eat, and then just go to bed. I'll be back soon though, I promise.

"Okay I get it Loubear. I'll see you soon okay?" I nodded and she kissed my forehead. "And you as well Harry, take care."

"Thank you Jay." I said my goodbyes to my sisters and we were on our way back to my hell. I mean my house.

"Louis." Harry said, shaking my shoulder. I opened my eyes and looked around sleepily, seeing that we were at my house. "We are here. You fell asleep, but it was cute."

"Oh sorry" I said, turning slightly red. He nodded, unlocking the door.

"Want me to walk you to the front door?" I shook my head no, as Jake's car was in the driveway, so I didn't want him to see me with Harry.

"I think I'm good, but thanks Haz. I'll see you soon?" I questioned and he nodded, which made me smile. I got up, leaning down to grab all my stuff from where my feet were. I closed his door and made my way to the front door.

What Louis didn't know was that Harry saw the bruise on Louis' upper chest, as his shirt came down slightly, yet he stayed silent, which was good for Louis' sake, as Louis couldn't know that Harry knew something was up, and it wasn't just from his seizures. He knew that for sure.

I waved to Harry as I walked in the front door. I noticed Jake was passed out on the couch, bottles of alcohol surrounding him. I quietly made my way towards him, picking up bottle after bottle. I knew that if I didn't he would get angry at me and probably hurt me more. Just glad he didn't see Harry dropping me off.

When I came back from getting rid of all the bottles, he was sitting up wide awake, but definitely still drunk. I tried to make my way past the living room without him seeing me, but I was unlucky.

"Your home baby?" He said and I put on my best smile when I turned to face him.

"Uh yeah, about 10 minutes ago. I had another seizure, so I had to take my meds and I think I'm just going to go lie down." He nodded before standing up and coming over to me.

"I think I'll join you." I nodded as he took my hand and led me upstairs to our bedroom. He helped me get into bed and I was out almost instantly.

I woke up about 20 minutes later to the bed being empty and I felt a lot better, as seizures always make me very tired. I saw that the bathroom door was closed and Jake came out dressed up all nice and I was confused.

"Come on Lou, I'm going to take you out tonight." I smiled because he almost never takes me out, so I was pretty excited.

"Where are we going?" I asked and he smirked.

"Not telling. Now get dressed and meet me downstairs." I nodded as he left and began to dress somewhat fancy, but not too fancy, similar to what Jake was wearing. I grabbed my wallet and made my way downstairs where Jake was waiting for me. He held his hand out, which I grabbed and he took me to the car, opening the passenger door for me.

I got in and buckled up, Jake joining me not long after. He began the drive downtown, and I could already guess where he was taking me, but I stayed quiet in case that wasn't the case.

He pulled in the parking lot of our favorite club/bar, and I was really excited because we don't get to come here very often. I had no idea what was in store for me here.