Chapter 36

A/N: I'd like to think this chapter is pretty fluffy, so enjoy

Harry POV

Louis' surgery is tomorrow. I was nervous, but he was even more nervous. He couldn't stop thinking about what could go wrong, or if it makes his seizures worse. I've tried to calm him down, but nothing that I say would make him calm. So I called his mum up yesterday and asked her to come see him. She agreed right away and told me that she would be up this afternoon.

She just texted me, saying that she was on her way and would be there within the hour. Louis was in the study, trying to take his mind off things by playing the guitar. I sat outside the room, just listening to the sound of music he was creating. I also loved when he would huff and get frustrated, but he wouldn't give up.

He would play the same set of chords over and over again until he finally got them right. He would quietly celebrate when he finally got the set of chords he was trying to play. It was nice to sit outside and just listen to him.

Suddenly he opened the door, panicking me out of my thoughts as he looked down at me, sitting right outside the door.

"Uh hey Lou." I said and he cocked his head to the side in confusion. "I like listening to you playing the guitar. I think it's cute that you play when you're stressed."

"You can play right?" He asked and I nodded, standing up.

"I can. 'M not great, but definitely can play a few songs. I've written a few as well."

"You've written some songs?" I nodded. "You should teach me how to play. It helps relieve stress."

"I would love to teach you." I said and brought him back into the study and over to where the guitar was stood. He sat on the small stool and I sat on the other chair that I brought over from the desk.

"The biggest thing is being able to switch between different chords efficiently when you strum. It can be difficult at first, but once you learn and practice more, it'll get easier. This is a simple pattern that can easily be played for beginners." I then began to strum a bit to one of the songs I wrote a few weeks back. "Do you want to try?"

"I don't think I'll be any good." He said, taking the guitar anyway.

"Lou I heard you playing. With a little more practice, you'll be a professional." I told him and he rolled his eyes.

"Yeah right." He said, but began to play the pattern. I noticed he was having trouble stretching his fingers to reach the chords, so I stopped him, pulled him down so he sat between my legs and put my hands over his.

"Do this." I moved his hand, so he was holding the guitar a different way, making it easier to move his fingers. "If you hold the guitar like this, it allows for more movement of your fingers. That's your problem with the chords."

"So like this?" He asked and he began to play the pattern again, this time using the way I showed him to hold the guitar. Once he got the chords down, he was able to play the pattern over and over again with ease.

"Just like that. If you apply the same concept to playing songs, then you'll be amazing with practice." He nodded and continued playing around with the chords while I just watched.

"Can you play one of the songs you wrote?" He asked and I nodded, taking the guitar from him.

"Hold on, I need the lyrics and the chords. One sec." I said, standing up and grabbing my worn out notebook that housed all my poems, songs, and thoughts. I sat back down, turning to the correct page and began to play. (A/N: He was playing Sweet Creature btw ;) )