Chapter 14

Harry POV

I couldn't hear footsteps in the house, so I knocked a second time. Eventually I heard footsteps approaching the door. Finally, it opened to reveal Jake. He stared at me, up and down, and waited for me to say something.

"Um hi." I said, nervous. "I was just wondering if Louis was around. Haven't heard from him in a few days." Jake's demeanour suddenly changed and went soft.

"Gosh I know. He's as sick as a dog and doesn't want any visitors. He just started to feel slightly better this morning." I nodded, but wasn't very convinced. Jake's clothes were dirty and had stains littered across them. Was that blood?

"Well can I see him? Or I can bring him some soup or something?" Jake shook his head and chuckled.

"He just wants to be alone right now, that stubborn little one. He didn't even tell me he was sick at first. I can assure you that he is being taken care of." I smiled slightly and tried my hardest not to bust through the door to find Louis.

"Are you sure? I mean don't you work and I can take care of him when you-" He cut me off.

"No need. I've been working from home the past few days, so it's no big deal. I'm sure you are a busy guy as well." I nodded as he started to close the door.

"I am, but Louis is my best friend and I care about him. Let me know if you need some help." He nodded hesitantly.

"Of course, but I can assure you we won't. Have a good evening Harry." He closed the door before I could say anything else. I went back over to my car and tried to see in Louis' bedroom window, but the blinds were closed and it was dark. I assumed he was sleeping. Maybe he was sick.

Louis POV

Harry. That's Harry. Why is he here? Fuck Jake is going to kill him. Gosh he needs to go before Jake does anything.

"I care about him" I could hear Harry say and I just wanted to be able to get out of here, or scream or something that could get his attention but I was tied very tightly and this gag in my mouth didn't help at all.

Eventually the door closed and I could hear Jake's footsteps coming down the stairs. He untied my arms and legs and then removed the gag.

"Get up." He said sternly and I obeyed, pulling myself to my feet. He threw a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt at me. "Get dressed. Now!"

I hurriedly placed the t-shirt over my head and slid the sweatpants over my legs. I was still really sore and my hand hurt a lot, so it was definitely difficult, but I had to just suffer through the pain. He grabbed my bad wrist and pulled it behind my back.

"Fuck Jake that hurts." I said and he slapped me.

"Shut up." He said. "Let's go." He practically dragged me up the stairs and we went out the back door to Jake's car. He placed me in the back seat and buckled my seatbelt, as I couldn't do it myself. At least he doesn't want me dying in the car.

"Jake where are we going?" I asked and he just smirked before covering my eyes with that god awful blindfold.

"Somewhere away from here. People will start to get suspicious so we need to leave." I sighed as he pulled out of the driveway.

"Jake, you realize this is kidnapping right?" He laughed. "Just let me go please."

"I'm already going to be in trouble, so why not have fun right?" I tried to swallow the nervous lump in my throat as he could be taking me literally anywhere, and nobody knows about it.

We drove and drove until we eventually ended up in the countryside. I recognized the area as the place me and Harry used to hangout all the time in high school. We would come down here to study, although we mostly just ended up talking deep thoughts. We eventually pulled into a strange building that was right next to a coffee shop.

"Now we are going to get out and you try to call for help or anything, I will hurt you. Don't try shit." I nodded, but I did have a plan to try to secretly call for help without Jake knowing. He pulled me into the coffee shop and ordered coffee for us. I then started to put my plan into action.

"I have to pee Jake." I said and he glared at me.

"No. I know exactly what you are trying to pull. Just drink your damn coffee." I sighed, but decided to push further.

"Seriously, I just have to pee. Please, unless you want me to pee myself." He huffed and grabbed my wrist. He pulled me up and dragged me towards the bathroom. He pushed me into a stall and stood right outside of it.

I took some toilet paper and the pen I stole from the front counter and began to write a small note about my location. I flushed the pen down the toilet and held onto my note tightly in my fist. I opened the door and washed my hands, before Jake dragged me out of the building. But not before I dropped the note on the table.

Harry POV

I had received a call from a coffee shop saying they had something and I'd realized it was the coffee shop that me and Louis went to all the time. I opened the door to the bedroom and headed downstairs where Liam was sitting. I had invited him over and told him I was going to shower before we could talk, but I got the call before I could do so.

"Haz I thought you were-" I cut him off.

"No." I said sitting down next to him. "The coffee shop me and Louis went to all the time in high school called me. They said they had a note from Louis addressed to me. It had my phone number on it. Why is Louis there if he is supposedly sick?"

"Well what are we sitting around here for?" He said and I smiled, standing up, grabbing my car keys and began the drive to the coffee shop.

We arrived about 20 minutes later and headed straight inside. We waited in line for about 5 minutes before we approached the kind girl at the counter. I explained my situation and she told me the manager would be out in a second and to wait at a table.

We ended up ordering some hot chocolate and making small talk, which mostly included Liam trying to calm my anxiety about Louis not being okay. Eventually after about 10 minutes, the manager came out and sat down across from us.

"So we saw a young couple enjoying coffee and when they left, this note was on their table. Your phone number was on there so I called it." I nodded as he handed me the note. It read:

Help

Call Harry: [insert Harry's phone number here]

It's Flynn kidnap abusive

Help me please

Louis

The note made my heart drop as Louis was in trouble. I handed the note to Liam and he read it and seemed to tense as he read it over and over. He handed it back to me and I stuffed it in my pocket.

"I'll go call the police." Liam said and left the cafe, taking out his phone and calling the police. The manager looked at me and offered me a small smile.

"You care about him." I looked up and at him and nodded. "I can tell, but he has a boyfriend. He-"

"Yeah a boyfriend who abuses him and kidnaps him. What a boyfriend." I scoffed and he laughed. "Sorry I'm just really worried about him. I figured something was wrong, but I couldn't do anything about it."

"Don't try to place the blame on yourself. He didn't tell you because he probably didn't want you to get hurt and he was probably scared." I nodded as Liam came back in with a few officers. I handed them the note and an investigation was started.