Chapter 20

Harry POV

"I have what you asked for, along with these pieces of paper, which look like letters. They are quite detailed, so we will need them back, but whenever you go to give your statement, you can just bring them then okay?" He nodded as he was handed the papers and his bag was placed beside him.

"Do you want your meds now?" He nodded, so I got them out of the backpack and placed them on his bedside table after he eats. It was silent as he read through the letters. I was curious as to what they said, but I wasn't going to push him. He started tearing up and placed two of the letters aside.

"Alright I'm going to read what i wrote because I wrote it to you, but I'm leaving some bits out." He said, turning towards me slightly with a letter in his hand.

"Lou you don't have to-"

"I want to." I nodded as he took a deep breath and started. "Harry, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything. You were right, Jake isn't good for me and you've been right about everything, from the beatings to the more horrible things that Jake does to me. I wish I could have told you sooner, but I just didn't want you to get hurt." He took a deep breath and I placed a hand on his thigh for support.

"I'm in love with you Haz. Always have been, but Jake told me when we first started dating that you didn't feel the same way and treated me like he didn't. But I realized he doesn't. He used me for so long and I was so blind to see it." He was crying now, but I didn't want to interrupt. "I wish I could be there with you now. I've had dreams of getting married, living our lives, maybe even having a kid, but I had no concept of time or anything as Jake didn't let me do anything. I wish I got with you before Jake because I can see us living our lives like this never even happened. I just wish you would understand that when I tell you, I love you, okay? And not just as a friend, but as something more. I've always loved you Haz." He put the letter down.

"I wrote in that letter that if I got out of there that I would tell you, so here I am telling you. I hate that you've always been there for me, but I can't say the same. I've been pretty shit to you these past few years, but you've never left and always stuck by me. I was pleading for you to get me out of there and I hate that I was trying to drag you into this, but I'm in love with you."

He calmed himself down after a few minutes and I still hadn't said anything because I was trying to process his words. Of course I felt the same way, but my silence wasn't doing any justice for reassuring him. So it was time for me to talk.

"The amount of times someone, whether it be Niall or Liam, or even my other mother, has told me that I'm ridiculously obvious when it comes to being in love with you, that I should have just told you anyway, but I didn't want to ruin your relationship. Yes, I had a feeling something was off with Jake, but you told me that it was okay, so I wasn't going to get in the way of that. But yes, I'm in love with you too." I said and he looked at me.

"Really?" I laughed and sat on the bed next to him.

"Yes you idiot. Clearly you are the only one who can't see it." He chuckled and we stared into each other's eyes for a minute before his lips were on mine. I kissed back and I brought my hand up to cup his cheek. We pulled back after a few minutes for air and he was a blushing mess, but I thought it was cute.

"I've been waiting to do that for years." I said and he smiled and quietly laughed. "But look, if we are going to do this, we are going slow. I don't care what you say, but you legit just got out of your relationship with Jake, so we are going slow. We can kiss as long as you are comfortable with it and do all that, but we aren't doing anything past that until you are 100% better and are comfortable with it. Okay?"

"Yes, I like that actually." He said and I smiled.

"Good." I said and he looked at me.

"Kissie?" He asked and I chuckled, before going in to kiss him again.

That night Louis went to sleep pretty early from the pain meds, but I stayed up a little longer and just watched him sleep. A doctor came in to do the rape kit and it was a very uncomfortable experience for Louis, but luckily they were able to pull enough evidence. Doctors and nurses came in from time to time until about 10pm and then we were pretty much left alone for the night.

It was around 11 pm when I had just come back from the bathroom and Louis was awake, but he seemed pretty disorientated.

"Lou?" I asked and softly approached him, as I didn't want to startle him. He was sitting on the edge of the bed and was breathing very fast. He stood up, but he was very shaky on his legs so I tried to coax him to sit back down. "Louis you need to sit down."

It was almost like he was aware of what was going on, but he couldn't control his body. He shook his head no at me and then suddenly he just collapsed to the floor. I barely caught his head as he started seizing. I yelled out to the hallway and a nurse came running in, followed by the on call doctor.

"What happened?" The nurse asked as I turned Louis on his side and held his head. I grabbed his pillow from the bed and placed it under his head.

"I came back from the bathroom and he was sitting on the edge of the bed, breathing really fast. He started to stand and walk, and I tried to get him to sit back down, but then he just collapsed on the floor. I was able to stop him from hitting his head on the floor, but I don't know. He just collapsed."

"He probably had a seizure that caused him to see things, and now he is having a second one. Not too worried as there is still alcohol in his system, so that's probably affecting his epilepsy." I nodded as Louis' seizure came to a slow and his eyes started to flutter open. He looked around confusedly and started to sit up.

"Lou it's alright. You just had a seizure, so try to relax." He sighed and just layed on the floor unable to argue.

"Sorry to interrupt, but he'll need a change." The nurse said as I looked toward his gown and it was wet, probably with urine, but that wouldn't be the first time that happened. I nodded as the nurse went to grab a new gown and underwear for him to wear for the night.

After about 5 minutes of Louis just lying on the ground, we got him up and to the bathroom in order to change him. I helped him change and wash up, before gently guiding him back to the bed. He laid down and seemed to be asleep as I stood up and paced around the room.

I was just so worried about him that I probably wasn't going to sleep that night because I was afraid if I closed my eyes he would be gone again, or he would seize or something would happen.

"Haz" Louis said quietly as I turned to look at him. His eyes were barely open, but they must have been watching me. "Come here."

I walked over to his bed and sat down, but he moved to the left, gesturing to me to lay beside him. I sighed and did as he asked, laying down right beside him. Once I got comfortable, he moved so he was practically laying on my chest and I thought it was the cutest sight in the world.

"I'm okay." He said and I looked at him. He had his eyes closed, but he was just resting.

"I know. Doesn't mean I won't worry about you." He chuckled and wrapped his free arm around my waist, which made me put an arm around his back, slowly rubbing up and down.

"You don't have to worry about me." He said and I stayed silent. He must have fallen asleep at some point because I felt his breathing even out. I went to get out of the bed, but his grip on me tightened and he most definitely wasn't asleep.

"Don't leave." He said.

"I thought you were asleep!" I said and he laughed, looking up at me, eyes still closed.

"Trick I learned." He said, getting comfortable. "I'll actually go to sleep if you stay right where you are. You are quite comfy."

"You calling me fat?" He slapped my chest lightly.

"Would never." He sighed. "Now shut up and let me sleep for real this time."

"Fine. Goodnight Lou." I said kissing his forehead.