Chapter 19

Louis POV

It hurt. I couldn't quite bring myself to open my eyes, but I knew one thing. It hurt. A lot. My left hand was absolutely throbbing and I couldn't exactly move it as I assumed it was in a cast, but it definitely hurt. I could hear faint voices, but I wasn't too sure of where I was. I just hoped that Jake left me alone.

All I remember is that he was raping me again and then I started seizing. After that, I woke up here. My head hurt too. The headache was pounding and I just about registered that I was probably in a hospital.

I went to take a deep breath, but I found I couldn't. Finally, it registered that there was something in my throat preventing me from breathing on my own. A breathing tube perhaps? I wasn't sure. I slowly lifted my other hand, which contained a tube in and of itself, to my face. My eyes fluttered as I did so and I could see the tube sticking out of my throat. I reached for it slowly and eventually took hold of it. I wanted it out, but as I went to pull, another hand wrapped around my wrist and I closed my eyes when the mysterious person spoke up. I tried tugging away from their grasp, but it caused the tube to move slightly and I started coughing. Well more like struggling against the tube.

"Breathe. Try to breathe Lou." They said and as much as their voice was calming, it made my head pound more. They pulled my hand away from the tube and put it by my side while they kept a hold of it. "I'm going to get a doctor"

They let go of my hand and I assumed they left the room. I went to move my hand back up to the tube again, but they clearly weren't very far cause they stopped me again. I was more aware of what was going on, so I was able to try to wiggle myself from the grasp again, but I guess I was too weak.

"Louis I'm glad you are awake!" Someone said and I moved my head to try to stop the pain and they must have seen that something was wrong. They shined a light in both of my eyes and checked my vitals. My eyes fluttered open and I could see a man in a white coat, assuming to be the doctor. The lights were bright, so it was a struggle to keep my eyes open while he talked to me.

I looked to my right and Harry was standing there, speaking to the nurse, but not letting go of my hand. I tried to speak, forgetting the tube was there, and it ended in me coughing. I tried removing my hand from Harry's grasp, which caused him to turn around.

"Lou you're alright, just try to relax." He said as I looked at him with pleading eyes and he gave me a sad smile. The doctor then took my hand and examined my IV, while injecting some meds, stopping with some.

"Louis?" He said and I looked at him. "Are you having pain? You can use your hand to give us a thumbs up or down for yes and no okay?"

He let go of my hand and I put my thumb up. The doctor nodded and wrote something down on the clipboard.

"Are you able to point to where this pain is?" I pointed to my left hand and then moved my hand to my head. "You have a headache?" I nodded gently. "Doesn't surprise me from all the alcohol you had in your system, plus the surgery. I'll have someone turn the lights down. I have pain meds for you, so let me give you those. Also we can remove the tube now too."

I shook my head and tried to move, but I still felt pretty numb and confused, so they held me down by my shoulders. If I had to be honest, I was really scared and as much as I wanted the tube out, I wanted to do it myself. I couldn't obviously.

"Sir could you step out of the room please?" He asked Harry.

"Of course. I'll-" I shook my head and squeezed Harry's hand, that he retook in his grasp. "What? You want me to stay?" I nodded and he smiled. "Is that alright doc?"