28

as if time stopped

as if time stopped.
Everything turned grey.
it wasn't dark like before.
but it wasn't bright either.

Everything was a simple grey for Jeno, different shades appeared in his vision out of nowhere. Surprising him as he slowly felt himself change.

although he wasn't exactly sure how he was changing, he knew there was a difference.

he flickered his eyes open, glancing around to met the sight of a window. seeing the beautiful skies of blue.
I already have a life?

confusion hits him like a brick as he sits up, looking at his hands. they look the same. nothing different? He looked around the room, it looked like he was living in an apartment, based on the view he was getting from the window. No ground was in sight from the bed, just skies and a building rather far away.

He crawls out of the bed, flicking the comfortable blankets off him to the side. Before realising some other things he hadn't noticed.

he was sleeping in a loft.
the bed was engraved into the floor of the loft, the mattress was a rather high one, but it wasn't far off the floor. The blankets were clean white, everything was clean.

He turned his body around, looking around the loft seeing how it was rather empty, yet so clean.

It had a bed side table next to the bed, it was a rather low one with only a small cabinet in it. The top of the bed side table held a small plant next to the far edge. He also had an alarm clock, which read 11:21 am.

that was it from his view right now. He turned around again and saw blankets in the corner of the loft, it looked really comfortable to sit there.

Jeno stood up, releasing the roof was the perfect height for him. It wasn't too high, nor to low where he hits his head, yet it was still rather low.

He steps down the steps and looks out the large window right in front of him. The beautiful skies, the beautiful look of the city. He looked father out and saw a town.

hey that's where I wanted to be!

everything came back to him, finally remembering his conversation with Jaemin he had before becoming human.

_________

"okay so you need to tell me what age you want to be, what you want to do with your life, and where you want to be."

"that town there?-"
Jeno said pointing down to a small town where he had met y/n in. The town was rather relaxing and held everything he wanted. It wasn't the worst place either when it came to crime. So it was a perfect little town to start.

"neo city? sure"
Jaemin said as he glanced at the town. He quickly wrote it down before looking back up at Jeno.

"I want to be 20.. nearly 21.. I want to be in university studying something, anything you think would suit me! As long as you make me smart in that subject."
jeno said, almost sounding threaten towards the end. Jaemin laughs, sarcastically as he wrote down a subject he thought would suit Jeno. Or maybe he just wanted to see Jeno do the subject for the fun of it.

"okay. now I'll get you to answer a few other more specific questions but, just so you remember. no one from your past life or your time as a devil will know you."
Jeno nods understandingly, watching as Jaemin tears his eyes away from the page.

"You will look the same too, maybe even hotter depending on what you choose."
Jeno chuckles, feeling himself grow cocky with confidence from the sudden compliment.
_________