.。.:*✧31✧*:.。.

We all were standing in the dueling room. Hermione and Harry stood next to me while Melanie and Charlie were on the other side. Harry grabbed my hand and smiled at me.

"Gather round!" Lockhart yelled. "Gather round. Can everybody see me? Can you all hear me?" He questioned causing me to roll my eyes. "Excellent." He stopped and turned around.

"In light of the dark events if recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this Dueling Club to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself gave done on countless occasions. For full details, see my published works." He finished and I huffed. "No, thank you." I whispered but loud enough to hear for him.

He put off his robe and threw it in the crowd. Girls tried to catch it and gasped. He is at least 40 years older than the girls. So I don't understand why they like him so much. "Let me introduce my assistant... Professor Snape." Lockhart said and I smirked.

Snape got up and everyone looked at him. "He has sportingly agreed to help with a short demonstration. Now, I don't want any of you youngsters to worry. You'll still have your Potions master when I'm through with him. Never fear." He said and winked causing me to roll my eyes.

"Who does he think he is?" I questioned Harry and he shrugged. "I don't know but even if I do not like Snape, Lockhart is dead." I giggled and Harry smirked. Professor Snape and Professor Lockhart got out their wands and bowed. They turned around and walked some steps until they stopped and turned around again.

"One. Two. Three-" - "Expelliarmus!" Professor Snape said and Lockhart flung backwards. Harry, Ron and I giggled. "Do you think he's all right?" Hermione worried. "Who cares?" Ron said causing me to snort a laugh. Professor Lockhart got up and smiled.

"An excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape but if you don't mind me saying, it was pretty obvious what you were about to do." He said and I huffed. "You're only saying that now because you've lost." I mocked.

"If I had wanted to stop you, it would have been only too easy." - "Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, Professor." Snape suggested and Lockhart was quiet.

"An excellent suggestion, Professor Snape. Let's have a volunteer pair. Potter, Weasley, how about you?" Harry nodded while Ron was staring at him. "Weasley's wand causes devastation with the simplest spells. We'll be sending Potter to the hospital wing in a matchbox." Professor Snape said and I giggled quietly.

"Might I suggest someone from my own house?" I hoped that it was me. "Malfoy, perhaps?" He added and I huffed. Draco smirked and got up. "Wands at the ready." Lockhart yelled. They did and my heart raced. "Be careful, he is not dumb at all."
I whispered and Harry nodded.

"Scared, Potter?" Malfoy provoked. "You wish." Harry snapped and I smirked. They took a few steps away from each other and turned around again. "On the count of three cast your charms to disarm your opponent. Only to disarm. We don't want any accidents here." Lockhart warned.

"One. Two." - "Everte Statum!" Draco pointed his wand at Harry and he flew back. I backed away a bit and glared at Malfoy. "Which part of 'only disarm' did you not understand?!" I hissed and he smirked.

Harry got up and he looked very mad. "Rictusempra!" Malfoy landed on his, well, you know and Snape glared at him. The whole place laughed except me because I felt sorry for the look Snape gave him. "I said disarm only." Lockhart reminded. "Serpensortia!" Draco said and a Snape appeared. Not bad.

"Don't move, Potter. I'll get rid of it for you." - "Allow me, Professor Snape. Alarte Ascendare!" Lockhart casted and the snake got aggressive. Suddenly Harry got forward and talked to the snake.

The Snake turned to a Hufflepuff but Harry told it to stop. "Vipera Evanesca." Snape said and the snake burned itself. "What are you playing at?" The Hufflepuff questioned. We both shared a look and I shrugged.

After the lesson, we all entered the Gryffindor common room and I grabbed Harry's hand. "You're  a Parselmouth? Why didn't you tell us?" Ron questioned. "Guys, I could understand it too." I said and Ron's eyes widened. "We're what?" Harry questioned.

"You two can talk to snakes." - "We know." - "I mean, we accidentally set a python on our cousin Dudley at the zoo once." I explained. "Once. But so what? I bet loads of people here can do it." Harry added. "No, they can't. It's not a very common gift, Harry and (Y/N). This is bad."

"What's bad?" - "If I hadn't told that snake not to attack Justin-" - "Oh, that's what you said to it." Ron said. "You were there. You heard him." I snapped. "I heard him speaking Parseltongue. Snake language." Ron sighed. "I spoke a different language?"

Harry questioned and Ron nodded. "But I didn't realize." - "How can we speak a language without knowing we can?" - "I don't know, (Y/N), but it sounded like Harry were egging the snake on or something. (Y/N), Harry, listen to me. There's a reason the symbol of the Slytherin house is a serpent. Salazar Slytherin was a Parselmouth. He could talk to snakes too."

"Exactly." Ron agreed. "Now the whole school's gonna think you two are his great-great-great grandson and granddaughter." - "But we're not." Harry and I snapped. "We can't be." I almost whispered. "He lived a thousand years ago. For all we know, you two could be." Hermione said.