.。.:*✧48✧*:.。.

Today we had Defense Against Dark Arts with Alastor Moody. "Alastor Moody. Ex-Auror, Ministry malcontent and your new Defense Against Dark Arts teacher. I am here because Dumbledore asked me. End of story, goodbye, the end. Any questions?" He looked around and I gulped, knowing that he was up to no good.

"When it comes to the Dark Arts, I believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many Unforgivable Curses there are?" - "Three, sir." Hermione said. "And they are so named?" - "Because they are unforgivable. The use of any one of them will-" - "Will earn you a one-way ticket to Azkaban, correct." Professor Moody interrupted me.

"The Ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do. I say different! You need to know what you're up against! You need to be prepared." He continued and grabbed a piece of chalk. Then he turned to the blackboard. "You need to find another place to put your chewing gum besides your underside of your desk, Mr. Finnigan!" Professor Moody said and we all turned to him.

"No way. The old codger can see out the back of his head." Seamus said and Professor Moody threw a piece of chalk at him. "And hear across classrooms! So which curse shall we see first?" Professor Moody stopped in front of Ron.

"Weasley!" - "Yes?" - "Stand." Professor Moody said and Ron stood up. "Give us a curse." - "Well, my dad did tell me about one. The Imperius Curse." Ron answered. "Oh, yeah, your father would know all about that. Gave the Ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago. Perhaps this will show you why." Ron sat down again and I turned to him. "You alright?" I whispered and he nodded scared.

Professor Moody got out an odd looking spider and pointed his wand at it. "Engorgio." He said and the thing got taller. "Imperio!" Professor Moody said and then he was able to control that thing. He moved it from Dean's table to Crabbe. "Don't worry. It's completely harmless." Professor Moody said.

He continued moving the 'spider'. Then he moved the spider above Ron. "If she bites, she's lethal." Professor Moody said. Then he turned to Draco. "What are you laughing at?" He questioned and moved the spider at his face.

"Get off! Get off!" Draco panicked and the whole class giggled. "Talented, isn't she? What should I have her do next? Jump out the window? Drown herself?" Professor Moody moved the spider to his hand.

"Scores of witches and wizards have claimed that they only did You-Know-Who's bidding under the influence of the Imperius Curse. But here's the rub: How do we sort out the liars?" I took a deep breath and continued listening.

"Another, another." Students raised their hands. "Up, up. Come on. Longbottom, is it? Up." Moody said and Neville got up. "Professor Sprout tells me you have an aptitude for herbology." Professor Moody said and Neville nodded. "There's the, uhm... The Cruciatus Curse." Neville said and my heart started to race a bit.

"Correct, correct. Come, come. Particularly nasty." Neville followed Professor Moody and they stopped at the table. "The torture curse. Crucio!" Professor Moody said pointing his wand at the spider. The spider started to squeal and Neville looked scared at the spider. His parents got killed by the curse. He once told me about that.

"Stop! Stop it! Can't you see it's bothering him?! Stop it!" I yelled and Professor Moody looked at Neville. He stopped and Professor Moody turned to me. "Perhaps you could give us the last Unforgivable Curse, Ms. Potter." He said and I shook my head. I felt tears in my eyes but I wiped them away. "No? Avada Kedavra!" He said and the spider died in front of me immediately.

I stood up and glared at him. "Monster. You're a monster!" I yelled at him. Then I grabbed my things and left the room. I made my way to the Astronomy Tower and sat down. I pulled my knees up to my stomach and lay my head on them.