Chapter 22

After me and Jake had left my therapist's office we ended up going for ice cream, despite Jake's many requests that we don't.

But now it's friday and I'm pacing my room like a crazy loon.

"You'll be fine." Chloe reminds me for the billionth time tonight she looks at me upside down from my bed where she's laying down, and eating a bag of ketchup chips with one hand and using her phone with the other, no doubt texting Theo.

"Ens you said yourself he's a great guy, and from the pictures I've seen you will be fine and if it isn't, call me or one of the boys." She says, and I realize that she's insisting that Ryver was attractive, which he is.

But does my best friend have to comment on that?

"But isn't it weird? He's Jake's brother." I say taking a seat next to her on my bed, looking at my reflection in the mirror, then standing up again inspecting my choice of outfit one more time.

I was wearing a simple ribbed white  tee shirt with a baggy black cardigan on top, paired with simple denim jeans that have the tee shirt tucked into them, and simple lace up chunky black heeled ankle boots, I had rolled up the bottom of the jeans to make it look better.

My outfit wasn't bad considering it's freezing out, and Ryver had said to wear something simple, but that didn't stop the nagging nerves I was feeling.

When the doorbell rang, Chloe wiggled her eyebrows and insisted on opening the door for Ryver, which with my protests she made it to the door before me, saying it's payback for the time I embarrassed her in front of Theo during their earlier days.

I shouldn't have done that, now look where that got me!

When I made it down the stairs I saw a nervous looking Ryver standing in the entrance holding a bouquet of flowers, wearing a white tee shirt with simple black jeans and a black bomber jacket.

He looked so hot, like really hot.

Okay I need to calm down, just a bit.

Chlo was standing still holding the door, staring at him with a wide grin, that was very creepy.

A smile coated Ryver's lips when he saw me. I felt nervous but his smile eased some of my worries.

He handed me the flowers when I came and stood next to him.

"Hi." He says with a hint of nervousness in his voice.

"Hi." I said back feeling dumb for not knowing what to say.

"You look beautiful." He says, making me blush.

"Thank you." I say. "You don't look too bad yourself."

After a few seconds standing awkwardly just staring at each other, Chloe broke the silence.

"I'm Chloe by the way, sadly I'm friends with Ens over here." She said teasingly. "You hurt my baby and I'll hurt you, my boyfriend knows men who will beat you up pretty bad for the right price."

Ryver stared at her not knowing what to say and then finally said "Im Ryver nice to meet you."

He didn't acknowledge the last part which I feel relieved about.

Like wow Chleo out of all times to mention that you choose now!

"Ready?" He asks, turning to me.

I nod and then Chloes pushes the two of us out the door. "Okay have fun, but not too much fun." I give her a glare, and Ryver blushes?

We walk to his car and he asks how I've been, it's awkward like we both aren't sure how to act, even though we've talked a lot. It feels different.