Chapter 23

E n s l e e y s P O V

I stare at Ryver not knowing what to say, Jake didn't tell his brother about the accident and I just found out, while at the same time telling Ryver about the whole incident.

How did I manage to do that?

Jake had just called drunk and high, after seeing Rachel with someone he didn't know, and said he was going to punch him, I told him to stay where he was until I got there.

I just have to hope I get there before he does something that will be sure to lead him to trouble.

Boy, can he be stupid when he's had to much drink, top that with weed, that just is a perfect recipe for disaster.

"Oh." I say.

"Let me drive you to him." He says, I'm surprised he isn't blowing up over the new found information.

I won't lie and say that I'm not actually relieved over this.

"No, it's fine you don't have to." I say looking anywhere but at him.

"Ensleey,he is my brother I don't mind." He replies, but that's not why I don't want him to drive me, it's because of how Jake acts when he's high. 

There's a likely chance he might make an attempt to punch Ryver maybe even land him in the hospital.

But Ryver is his brother and I didn't want to say no, and make him feel bad.

"Okay." I say."But don't let him know that you know about Rachel." I say, he nods without question, which I'm grateful for.

I give him the address to the frat house and he begins driving.

When we get there I tell him to stay in the car until I get him.

I call him when I'm out of the car, thinking it's better to know where he is before walking into the loud home.

"Where are you?" I ask as soon as he picks up.

"At the frat house Ens. Where else would I be?" He mutters slurring his words.

"I mean where in the house?" I sigh, knowing it's going to be a long night.

"In a room there's pot, a lot of pot." He laughs. "I love pot."

I roll my eyes at my best friend even though he can't see me. I hang up without saying anything else thinking I'll ask someone in the house, if they are aware of the room.

I go in the house and ask a guy who's standing alone, against a wall who seems sober enough and holding a beer.

"Do you know where people are smoking around here?" I ask in a bored tone, being blunt. Because how the hell am I supposed to go about the question?

Hey dude you know where i can get really high, like I really want to fly tonight.

I'm definitely not saying that, I'd sound high.

He smirks, and I know I won't get an answer I like.

"You looking for some pot hot stuff." He licks his lips, his eyes raking my body.

Ew.

"Just tell me where the hell it is in this place if you know, and don't expect you will ever get anything from me."

"Second door to the left on the second floor." He says surprisingly easily he sees my sickness and adds. "I can tell it won't get me anywhere so what the point in trying." he shrugs putting his hands in the pocket of his jeans.