Chapter 33

My thoughts are reeling on a loop and no matter what, I can't seem to close my eyes without seeing an image of an event that I didn't want to happen.

David had brought on thoughts of memories that should be long forgotten, but instead are now intensified, seeming to be a clear screen in my head.

I know that I could pop a couple of pills, and find myself engulfed in a deep slumber, but then there'd be nightmares, all my monsters teaming up and controlling my mind for the rest of the night, giving me no chance to escape them.

I would much rather deal with them awake, than when I am immobilized.

Ryver had dropped me home hours ago, I still have no idea what was up with him, but he had kissed me goodbye like usual, so that doesn't help feed into my suspicion that I did something wrong.

So what is it?

*~*~*~*~*

The next few days had passed in a blur, I and Ryver worked things out or at least I hope we did because he had come back from football practice straight over to mine yesterday.

He even chatted a bit with aunt Lilly, so what I'm hoping for is that things are fine,

So now it is Monday morning, I pull up to school in my car, feeling relieved when I see Ryver waiting for me, next to my usual parking spot.

He wanted to come and pick me up, but couldn't due to early morning football practice, not that I mind, I know football is and will always be a huge aspect of my boys' life.

He smiles when he sees me, a smile that I am now familiar with, it always carries a warmth that I have never been given by anyone but him.

"Hi," I say shyly, as I get out of the car, facing him.

Instead of answering me, he pulls me into his grasp, wrapping his arms around my shoulder, then slowly glides one of his hands down the side of my body until it reaches my waist.

He kisses me, it starts as a small peck slowly turning heated, I give him a shove, then shoot him a small scowl, we should not be making out in the school parking lot.

"I just really missed you angel," He says with a glint in his eyes that is difficult to decipher.

"Missed you too," I say giving him a peck on the cheek. Even with a simple touch, Ryver is able to make me explode, in a way I never dreamed to be possible.

"We're going on a date this Friday," He says in a matter-of-fact way, then proceeds to swings his left arm around my shoulder, as we walk to school from the parking lot.

"We are?" I smile, feeling a swell of happiness beginning to swell in the pit of my stomach.

What the hell is this boy doing to me?

"Yep, I'm picking you up at seven so be ready."

He says this, just as we reach the school doors, he opens the door letting me in first like the true gentlemen he truly is.

Again what is he doing to me?

"How about if I'm not ready?" I joke.

"We'd still go, I just thought I'd give you a heads up." He smirks, cocky as ever, I see.

"Okay well, I guess I'll be ready." I huff.

"You complaining?" My boyfriend lets out a small laugh.

I shake my head as a reply. By now we are nearing my locker, when we do, we make plans to meet up at the library after school, so I can help him with the chemistry homework we have.

It's crazy to think that the first time I truly met Ryver Webb was in Chem class, and he felt no sense of trust toward the boy with the arrogant smirk, and now he's my everything, my happiness.

I promised myself that I wouldn't get into a relationship until I'm far away somewhere, where there is no chance of Parker finding me, but Ryver has made me say screw it, and take a leap of faith, in hope of having him in my arms forever.

At this moment as I look up from my locker I have been fidgeting with trying to open it.

I see his green eyes looking at me, and only me, and smile directed at me, I am aware there is only one thing that can be the truth of my situation.

I have fallen in love with Ryver Webb.