Chapter 40

R y v e r s  P O V

"Wrong way asshole," Justin screeches as we play Call Of Duty on his ps4.

I looked at him confused for a split second before focusing on the game once again.

"You should help me," He said, Justin with as much as I cared for him, he and I had made a bet once when we were twelve that involved him saying he would be able to get me to listen to him.

I was always the less dumb one out of the two of us, to be quiet honest I don't even remember what brought that up at the time.

But Justin still after what I think is six years is still trying to win the stupid bet.

"Just give up on that already," I say just like I said the last time he tried to trick me in some way, it seems as the more time passes the worse his attempts get.

"Just let me win the damn bet then!"

"I'm good," I shrugged, still having my eyes glued to the screen. I heard his shout of profanities and I just smiled.

*~*~*~*~*

I and Justin were now taking a small break to pig out on junk food.

When I heard the sound of my ringtone, I looked around not knowing where I put it.

"Over here idiot," Justin waved in front of my face, he looked at the screen and smirked.

"Oooh Ensleey," He laughed, "look you even have her name in some cool font! Why isn't my name like that on your phone? Don't you love me too?" he pretended to whine.

Truth is that I had only added that font to appease Ensleey I didn't do emojis or want to put nicknames on my phone, not that I didn't understand why people do, though when Ensleey noticed I was tempted to.

She was only teasing and wasn't being serious, though in some ways I found it cute how it seemed to be something she wanted to do, even with her not being a fan of the cheesy couple things.

Then she came up with an idea where we use a font app she found and have each other's names in our phones in that font.

So we weren't that couple, but still had our thing that was uniquely ours.

Maybe that was cheesy, but at least it was our thing.

Something only me and Ensleey understood

No one else has a special font on my phone nor does she.

"Justin," I groaned, trying to grab the phone from him.

"What c'mon! You said she was busy with her own friends. I'm sure it's not important," he was laughing. I knew he'd give it at some point and just wanted to annoy the living hell out of me.

Of course, it was working, and he was right Ensleey did say she and her friends were hanging out.

One of the reasons I'm at Justin's.

My phone stopped ringing for a second, then quickly started ringing again.

Ensleey has never called twice, she usually waits until I call back.

Now that I think about it, she never calls me straight away, she usually texts me to see if I'm free to call.

"What's wrong?" Justin seems to sober up quickly when he sees the worry etched on my face is my guess.

"She never calls twice," I say, and then the phones in my hand.

"Then answer it dumbass!" He says I want to tell him that I would have answered it sooner if he hadn't kept it away from me.