Chapter 28

I wake up, and roll over to snuggle into Ryver's warm chest again, though I come empty, I frown and open my eyes.

I wasn't wrong, Ryver really isn't next to me.

Did he-

No, I stop my thoughts from the forbidding dark place, in my head that always gives me self-doubt.

He isn't him.

I know that, even if sometimes I wonder if it's all a dream, I know it's not, the relationship we have is real.

Last night, we had fallen asleep in each other's arms after spending the night cuddling watching movie after movie, until we were both in a comfortable slumber.

It was one of the best nights I've ever had.

When I get out of bed, the smell of something burned fills my senses.

What the hell?

I rush down the stairs, in a worried frenzy, only to be greeted with Ryver standing in the kitchen holding a pan that has white smoke coming out of it, with the faucet in the kitchen sink on, as he attempts to stop to assume what is a fire.

"I'm sorry," Ryver says when he sees me, holding a sheepish smile.

"You're sorry?" I laugh, going over to him, and placing a kiss on his cheek. "What did you do?"

"Uh well, I tried to make you breakfast, and well..." He laughs an embarrassed laugh, pointing to the pan that is now in the sink. "I kinda burned it."

"Kinda?" I smile, nudging him in the ribs lightly.

"Ok, fully." He laughs and pulls me closer to him by my waist, I instantly wrap my arms around his neck.

"It's okay, we can have cereal or toast," I say, giving him a small peck on the lips. "Thank you for trying though, but you really didn't have to."

"I'll get it right next time."

My stomach flutters, at next time. I'm relieved he still is looking for a next time.

Things got heated quickly, and we kissed for a good five minutes, before we ended up making two bowls of cereal and eating them on the kitchen stools.

"You don't have to say yes, but would you like to come with me to Dan's party on Friday?" He asks, Dan is a guy on the football team too, and truthfully I don't think I've spoken two words to him since I started dating Ryver, though I know he is close to a few guys on the football team, I'm guessing he's one of them.

"Um..." I stutter nervously fidgeting with my hands, despite all the parties I have never gone to. I haven't ever gone to a high school party, ever.

"You don-"

"No, I want to," I say, stopping him. "It's just I don't think I have ever gone to a high school party, is all."

I can see the surprise on his face. He tries to hide it.

"Can I ask something?" He says looking at me, I nod worried about what the question might be. "You don't have to answer, but how did you start going to college parties?"

"I was bored and alone, and wanted to be someone else for a night." I shrug like it's nothing, but it wasn't, it was far from nothing.

I had no friends, and heard there was a College party not too far away, and thought fuck it, and went said a few lies and had a good time, being someone else. "I gave a fake name to anyone that asked, and I guess it was just fun being someone else."