Chapter 54

R  y  v  e  r ' s    P  O  V

I haven't been given the privilege to go to a party after last time. Justin's doing of course, I can't be mad, since I am the one who asked him to stop me. I don't want to make the same mistake and get blackout drunk.

There is also Kiara who hasn't gotten a hint, since that night, we didn't even have sex and she's acting as if I promised her that there will be more.

She's been pulling my leg to get me to see how much of an amazing couple we'd be, she really is delusional to think that I would even give her a single minute of my time sober.

So the only thing I can do is push her away, every time she's around. In the cafeteria, Justin doesn't leave my side, so she isn't able to get near me. Thankfully Justin, even with how much he pushed me to pursue Kiara before Ensleey, completely understanding why I want nothing to do with her.

He even agreed that she is taking this too far, enough proof to know that he has a heart deep down under his asshole persona.

I'm now in the midst of walking to my car, thankfully as a senior, I now have fewer classes, especially this semester so Im free to do as I please on most days, like today.

"Ryver!" I hear the familiar shriek, I roll my eyes already knowing who it is, doesn't she give up? I turn around not wanting to be rude, "Hi,"

I don't say anything, just wanting to get whatever she wants to say done with, today she's dressed in another outfit that most would find attractive but I only find it to be another thing to make her into the attention-seeking person she truly is.

"What?" I finally say.

"It's just I haven't seen you around," she smiles tucking her long hair behind her ear.

I turn around walking away, not replying to what she obviously thought would be a good way to get my attention.

"Ryver!" she says loudly, "I've missed you and I know that you've missed me too,"

"Kiara, quite frankly this is getting annoying. I'm not interested, I was drunk when that whole thing happened, hammered actually, I barely remember much, so whatever you think is going to happen won't, I'm not interested in anything with you. So please all I'm asking is for you to leave me the fuck alone."

She's speechless, and I walk away, now if I was feeling like myself I would have made sure she's okay, no matter how much she annoys me, she is still human, but I'm sick of everything, it doesn't make it any better that I don't catch much of Ensleey around.

I shouldn't miss her, but deep down I know that these feelings won't just disappear overnight.

The only thing I want to know is when? When will my fascination for her go away?

*~*~*~*

E n s l e e y ' s P O V

I wake up with a pounding headache, my dress sticking to my body, and in a deep need for some alcohol.

I briefly wonder where I am. Slowly it all comes back, snippets of the previous night come to mind, a man groping my breasts, some guy placing coke on my tongue, some good vodka, and the rest is a foggy mess.

I walk out of the room that obviously belongs to some rich fella who thinks he's something else, not that I care I got some good liquor and hard drugs from all this.

I make it down the stairs and am met with the normal aftermath of these parties, random people scattered, some asleep, some awake.

I'm about to make an exit when a man's voice stops me in my tracks. "Leaving already?"

I turn to see a man who seems to be in his early twenties carrying a bottle half full. I don't care what's in it, but I am desperate for a sip.

"Yeah figured I should get back to campus," the lie slips out as easily as it always does, he nods.

"Stay for a bit, and drop you off, or we can go to my apartment," he says with a slight smirk, that I have a pretty good idea what it means.

I haven't fucked since that night with Ryver on the phone, even when I'm blackout drunk I can't touch another man.

"I've got plans," I say.

His hand closes the door when I try to open it, "Oh c'mon, I know what girls like you wants."

"And what's that?" I play dumb, it's always better to make conversation, slowly trailing the person away from his main point until they think they got you, that is when it becomes easy to slip out.

"Drugs, alcohol, whatever the fuck you want, I saw you last night, clearly this isn't your first rodeo."

If he wasn't still in my mind, it would be easy, simply make him come take my fix and leave, but why can't I?

"I bet you're craving it, the shit is good," he laughs lightly. His hand leaves the door going to my thigh.

Just do it. I say to myself.

I move my hand to the door handle, opening it as his hand plays with my thigh, and make my escape. Slamming the door after me, and running with my shoes in my hand.

I should have gone with him, and let him have his fun, and get mine.

Though it's becoming painfully obvious Ryevr Webb is going to be living in my mind rent-free for much longer than I expected.