Chapter 25

E n s l e e y s    P O V

I wake feeling groggy, I attempt to get up, but feel a heavy weight holding my body down. The events of last night begin to come back to me piece by piece slowly but surely I remember everything.

And the heavy weight is Ryver Webbs arms wrapped around me.

somehow during the night our bodies had molded together, in an odd sense we fit together perfectly, our legs tangled together, our arms wrapped around each other, my head laying securely on his chest, and I wouldn't mind waking up like this everyday.

Never has anyone held me like this, the feeling is foreign but it's something I could see myself getting used to, even addicted to.

Though I doubt Ryver would want this, want me, in the way I could myself begin to want him.

Old worn out memories threaten to resurface and bring over the edge again.

Instead of going to a place that I know has no escape route once I reenter it I decide to try to untangle myself from Ryver.

I can't believe he witnessed me having a nightmare, the feeling I got when he confronted me was something special, I like that he cares.

I'm about to roll over to get up, when suddenly he pulls me back to him, nuzzling his nose in my hair, his eyes still closed, I can tell that he is awake.

"Don't get up." He pleads, his voice groggy, making my lower belly explode with butterflies.

I don't say anything, instead comply by wrapping my hands around his waist, and nuzzling my face in chest, relishing in his smell.

We fall asleep again together, holding each other.

Both of us are not ready to leave our little bubble and face the world.

*~*~*~*~*

I wake for the first time in ages with a huge smile plastered across my face, Ryver is still soundlessly asleep, so I decide to let him sleep a little longer, considering it's still nine am.

I walk down to the kitchen and see Jake leaning across the kitchen island, drinking coffee.

"Hi." I say going to the coffee pot that is situated next to Jake. Jake eyes me with a look that screams he's sceptical. "What?" I finally asked him, as I turned to face him.

"You look happy." He says with a smirk lining his lips.

"So?" I say.

"So I assume that things with my brother are going well."

"I guess." I blush, thinking of how I awoke to find Ryvers body molded with mine.

"I'm glad you're happy, you deserve happiness more than anyone."

"Don't go all soft on me." I say lightly shoving him in the shoulder. "Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, I think last night was a wake up call." He says staring at the inside of his coffee mug with a frown edged on his face. "I don't think I'll ever get the Rachel I knew back, and I have to get used to it."

"Are you okay with that?" I look at Jake closely trying to figure out how he's feeling with this whole thing, which is hard considering he is one of the most guarded people I've ever met.

"I will be."

I can tell that this conversation isn't something he wants to continue so I change the subject.

I'm relieved he didn't ask me about what happened last night because I have skipped some of my medication, but I think I'm fine this time, and I want to make a habit of it.

Unless maybe things start taking a better turn, maybe I won't need to take them...