Chapter 51

A soaring headache that can only be relieved by a bottle, is making its wake.

The day passes quickly, on the phone I assure aunt Lilly that everything is fine, when she says that she will be gone another week, because of a snowstorm in the city she's in, it's nearing April, so I was wondering where she would be.

I don't ask, not wanting the conversation to go on too long.

Then there's Jake who is out of the city, and is doing an internship that will last another three weeks. Dean finished his classes early, mainly for his parents, he's with them at some beach in Florida, and Cleo is with Theo somewhere.

The only person on my case is Collin. I hide my red-rimmed eyes with a shit ton of makeup.

"Something's wrong," he says, still looking at my face with worry.

"Seriously, everything's great, do you want to watch the movie or not?" I say placing the bowl of popcorn on the coffee table.

"Are you usi-"

"No, what? Of course not, why would you think that?"

"Ens-"

"I'm fine," I realize I keep cutting him off but there's nothing else I can do, he nods and we watch the movie in silence, he doesn't believe me, though I know he won't tell anyone unless he's sure.

For now, I'm safe.

But for how long?

~*~*~*~

R y v e r s  P O V

Ensleey seems to be everywhere, always someone I'm thinking about, and I'm getting sick of it. I just want to stop loving her, and get her away from my thoughts.

She didn't even try to get in contact with me after I called her a cheater, if it hadn't been true then she would've talked to me, told me, just anything that wasn't what she did.

Is she with him right now? In his bed? Probably having the time of her life?

The thought only adds more sadness, not that I can stop it. It consumes me, drowns me in a way I wish it didn't.

"You gotta get up bro," I hear a familiar voice, "are you dead? Is that why you haven't answered my texts?" Justin says in a low voice like it's some dark secret, "oh my god! My best friend is dead! May he rest in peace,"

I turn around from where I'm lying on my bed and throw a pillow at him, "shut up,"

"Oh thank goodness I thought I would have to be the one to break the news to your mom, and you know she scares me sometimes,"

I almost let loose a chuckle, my mother has always seen Justin as another son.

"Just leave," I all but growl at my best friend.

"What happened?" He asks his voice a silent whisper in the quiet room.

"What makes you think anything happened?"

His head shakes with a quiet laugh. Justin despite his jerk appearance, can see right through my lies, I know he doesn't buy it, but that doesn't mean I want to admit the truth to him, even if he is the last person to judge.

"Well Ensleey hasn't been around for over a month, you barely take my calls, hell anyone's calls, and well quite frankly you look like shit, so spit it out, and tell me what the fuck is going on,"

I sigh, not looking at him, but still sitting properly on the bed, even her name is like a bitter taste of the truth, he comes over and sits next to me. "We-me and- we broke up," is what I settle on saying to Justin.