Chapter 4

I end up going to Jakes after school, now we're sitting in his living room drinking beer and talking about random things like usual, and I have no idea why I keep thinking of my conversation with Ryver. I think I I'm bothered by it. I said I think because I have no clue what I feel.

So what if the school quarter back was talking to me?

"Whats got you thinking?" Jake mutters.

"What?" I say.

"You have your thinking face on." He says making a circular motion with his hand around my face. I sometimes hate how well Jake knows me.

"I have to do a stupid project with this stupid guy Ryver in my class and he's a quarter back-"

"Wait you mean my brother Ryver?" Jake cuts me off.

I've known Jake for two years and he barely ever mentions his family, and he always refers to his brother as the one who has attention. He tells almost everything but his family, we barely talk about.

Shit how didn't I realize that they have the same last name.

Damn im smart.

"Shit maybe?"

"And you didn't tell me?" he said frustrated

"How the hell I'm I supposed to know when you barely ever mention your family?" I say. "Plus how am I supposed to know? it could easily not be him?"

"Football quarterback? Popular? Tall? Green eyes and brown hair. Oh and there aren't that many people named Ryver." he says while taking a swig of his beer. I know about how his family doesn't really approve of how he is, but luckily they still pay his university fees, and he only pays for the apartment. But he barely ever talks about his brother.

Once he mentioned everyone thinks he's a disappointment compared to his brother, it still pisses me off.

"Okay so it's probably him." I reply taking a small sip of beer myself. "So why do you never mention him. Or more so tell me he goes to my school?"

"Maybe because he's a huge prick, who my parents assume is the perfect son. Also why should it matter?" I can see him beginning to get mad.

"It doesn't." I say. "Can we change the topic?"

I can see the way his mood immediately dimd art the mention of his younger brother.

Even so, the feeling of uneasiness is still in my chest thinking that Ryver and Jake are related. They are complete opposites, so far I don't see anything wrong with Ryver.

But decide I should probably get this project over with. Even if Jake doesn't say it, I shouldn't hang out with his brother. He already has problems with him, I can clearly see it from the way he gritted his teeth at the mention of him. He's my best friend and if he doesn't like someone I'll always be on his side.

With that being said I'm still going to be nice to Ryver, but I'm not going to mention that I know Jake. It's for the best.

*~*~*~*

Me and Ryver agreed to meet at my place on saturday to start on the project, so far everything's fine. For now.

So when Ryver knocks on my front door Saturday afternoon, I quickly go get.

"Hi," Ryver says with his usual grin. He's wearing black jeans, and a white tight fitted shirt, and holding a few textbooks in one hand. I wont lie and say he doesn't look hot because he definitely does.

"Hey." I reply awkwardly.

We walk to the living room.

"Where are your parents?"

Dead

I want to reply, but instead go for the simple answer.

"My aunts at work." I say without looking at him.

When I finally look up at the tall guy with shaggy brown hair, I can see the confusion and questioning look in his eyes. But he doesn't ask me any questions.

Thank god.

We continue on the project, and every time he tries to take the subject to different root then chemistry I quickly change it back.

"Did I do something to you?" Ryver speaks after a few minutes of us silently writing notes.

"What? No." I say.

"Really?" He scoffs leaning back against the sofa.

"Yes." I say pissed off. Yeah, I keep changing the subject so what? I need this project done. Even saying it head sounds harsh.

Im being harsh. should I apologize?

No, that would make it awkward. Why am so anti-social?

How do I always end up being rude.

Here I go overthinking! It's not like I don't want to have a conversation with Ryver I just don't want to say the wrong thing, it's normal for me to talk to new people, even after talking to him at lunch a few days ago, I still don't feel completely at ease with Ryver's presence.

"No wonder you don't have friends."He says under his breath, as if attempting for me not to hear.

I can't believe he said that.

"Well thats rich coming from you." I say anger radiating off my voice. To think I was thinking of apologizing.

"Well its true you're a loner, who has no friends, since its clear you can't even have a conversation. Who even are you?!" He says the words in a way that's harsh. I didn't expect it to come from him.

And as much as I didn't want to admit it but damn it hurt. I don't even know who I am anymore.

"Im sorry." He says raking his fingers in his hair. His piercing green eyes locking with my dull brown ones. Im guessing he sees my hurt expression.

Or maybe he didn't mean it. Either way what he said was way out of line.

"It's fine." I say looking away from him. "Half what you said is true."

"Ensleey?" he says his voice soft, and in a way angelic.

I shake my head. "Its fine."

It was, its not like he's like he's the first person to insult me. I'm used to it, one thing is that hurt most is that I didn't expect it from him.

We continue on the project both of us barely speaking, but I can sense his eyes on me every then and now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A u t h o r s N o t e

Thank you so much for reading it means a lot.

Hope you're enjoying my story so far.