Chapter 12

TW: Traumatic Memories

~Y/N POV~

"How do you know that name?" All Might asked. His voice was shaky. Tears were forming in his eyes. I took a deep breath.

"That was my mother's name." His breath hitched. 

"Did you know my mother?" Now was the moment of truth. My questions were finally going to be answered.

"Yes, I did." He paused. 

"She was my wife." I felt like a huge weight came off my shoulders. He looked at me before turning to his jacket that was hanging on his chair. He pulled out his wallet. He opened it and grabbed a picture from the inside of it. He handed it to me. It was a picture of him and my mother. She was holding a baby in the photo. They looked so happy. Her white wings were glowing making her look even more like an angel from heaven. I flipped it over and read the inscription on the back. '(insert birthday)-Coming home from the hospital with my two favorite girls in the world. Mira and Y/N.'  Tears began to fall from my eyes. I looked over at All Might who was now crying. He turned around quickly and grabbed an open envelope from his pocket. He handed it to me.

"What's this?" I replied shakily.

"Open it." I turned to the envelope in my hand. I took the contents out. It was the result of a paternity test. It read 'Sample A and Sample B share similar DNA. 100% positive conclusion. Sample A is biological father to the Sample B child.' I looked back up to All Might.

"That day in the park when you passed out, I took you to Recovery Girl. She took a sample of your DNA and mine and sent it out to be tested. I had my suspicions that you were my Y/N, but I wanted to be 100% sure before I said anything. I apologize for not asking permission, but I had to be sure. Recovery Girl already knows about my condition." He motioned to himself before his gaze was trained on the floor. I began to sob. It was true. He was my dad. My so-called father kidnapped me and changed my memories. He took me away from my real father and killed my mother.

"I knew it wasn't just a nightmare." I cried out. He looked up at me surprised. 

"Ever since the man who I called father fell into a coma, I started having a recurring nightmare of the night my mother was killed. You were always there. For the past two years it's been the same nightmare. I relive that traumatic experience every night. But when I came to UA and met you it changed. I started having dreams of you and my mom. We were happy. We were a family." I sobbed.

"I thought you were dead. Rin sent me your bloody clothes and a picture of you covered in your own blood. You looked dead." He was sobbing now. I reached my hand out and grasped his hand in mine. He looked up.

"I'm here now...Dad." I cried out to him. He stood up from his seat and brought me into his arms. I cried into his chest.

"You don't know how long I've waited to hear you say those words to me again." He laughed through his sobbing. Suddenly the door swung open. Recovery Girl was standing in the doorway tears in her eyes. 

"Did the results come back?" She asked, breathless. I nodded at her. She began to cry. Then she noticed my injuries and wiped her tears. 

"Oh dear I came here to heal you I'm sorry." She stated.

"It's okay Recovery Girl. I'm not in any pain right now if you don't mind can you wait a little bit before you heal me. I wanted to have some more time with All Might before I lose all my stamina." She nodded in understanding. She turned to leave but All Might stopped her.

"Chiyo why don't you join us. You have something to tell Y/N." I looked up at him before I looked at the old woman who was in tears again.

"Tell me what?" I looked at the old woman expectantly.