Chapter 54

Y/N POV

"Look alive everyone!" I announced.

"Stay close together we'll fight them as a group." Izuku stated to the class. Everyone nodded in understanding.

"Yeah right! This isn't a field trip!" Katsuki stated running off from the group.

"Idiot! Wait up!" Eijiro stated, running after Katsuki. I let out a sigh and turned back to the class.

"Kachan!" Izuku whined in annoyance.

"Kirishima." Iida called out.

"I'm going out on my own too. It's hard for me to use my quirk when big groups are around." Shoto stated before running off. Izuku made a step to stop him, but I put a hand on his shoulder.

"He's got a point. Katsuki is the same way. Their quirks will only hinder groups. Shoto can take care of himself and Eijiro is with Katsuki. They'll be fine. We'll regroup later, for now, focus on them." I stated pointing at the crowd of competitors. Izuku nodded and we all took off in a sprint.

"I don't think it's a good idea for them to go off on their own though." Izuku stated.

"Why not?" Mineta asked.

"Think about it. Everyone already knows what powers we have." Izuku responded.

"I see the sports festival." Iida stated. I nodded and looked ahead.

"We're at a disadvantage. The sports festival televised us using our quirks. Which means they all are aware of our advantages in quirk use as well as our disadvantages. Not to mention our fighting styles. This makes us easy targets to them." I stated.

"Right. So, if we stick together, we have a better chance." Izuku stated.

"I'm sure they are already aware of this. Someone is going to use their quirk to separate us. If that happens, we split into multiple groups." I stated to the class.

"Right." Everyone stated. A buzzer sounded in the arena.

"The first test will now begin." The announcer stated. I skidded to a stop when a flood of competitors jumped out from their hiding spots all aiming their balls at us.

"I told you I'd crush you in the first round!" Shindo yelled at me as he and the rest of the competitors threw their balls. My arms instantly glowed red and I lifted into the air.

"Red Room!" I yelled, forming a dome of solid red energy around the group instantaneously. The balls hit the surface and bounced off, ricocheting back at the throwers. They all went wide-eyed and dodged nothing but air. They looked around in confusion at the lack of balls. The barricade around my classmates dissipated and I let out a low chuckle. All of them turned their attention back to me and went wide-eyed at the balls suspended midair in front of me.

"If you want to crush me or my classmates, you're going to have to try a lot harder than that!" I yelled as the balls began to vibrate erratically around me.

"Class 1A!" I yelled and paused smirking evilly at Shindo.

"Let's show them what we're made of!" I yelled, sending the balls back at them at inhuman speed. I can't go out quite yet. This way I can get a feel for other quirks and how they match up to mine.

"Yeah!" They all yelled in unison and closed ranks. We continued to dodge as I analyzed the attackers. Idiots. They should've never gone on the offensive first. You may know our quirks but giving us the chance to learn yours will be your downfall. I redirected another attack that came my way and out of the corner of my eye, I saw Shindo talking with someone from his class. The balls in his hands had changed form taking on a rock-like appearance. Ah, sneaky bastards. He threw them to another student whose hands began to glow around the balls. He reared back to throw the balls and once they left his hand, they went underground. Shit!