Chapter 29

~Y/N POV~

"Someone's watching us." I stated lowly. 

"Yeah, I know. I'll find..." He began to say but I shook my head. I lit my palms and red smoke billowed out and dispersed. It formed a line and I quickly turned and teleported to a far building it was pointing towards. I made contact with something and slammed it into the ground. I stood over the figure holding them by the neck. I hear maniacal laughter coming from the hooded figure in my grasp.

"Woah kid give me a warning before..." Hawks started to say but stopped when he saw me holding down someone on the ground.

"WHO THE FUCK SENT YOU?" I roared with my demonic voice. The man in my grasp stopped laughing.

"No one needed to send me. Is it so bad that I wanted to see my old pal Scarlet?" The man spoke. I knew that voice. I tightened my grip on his neck.

"Stain." I growled out. Hawks landed on the roof and his eyes went wide. I let go of him and took a few steps back to stand next to Hawks. Stain got to his feet and removed his hood revealing his masked face with an evil smirk plastered on it.

"Why the hostility? I just wanted to say hello." He spoke with a sickly-sweet tone.

"Aren't you supposed to be in Hosu terrorizing heroes? If I remember correctly you haven't reached your quota before moving to a new city." I growled out to him.

"I'm flattered that you remember. You're right I still have business to take care of in Hosu, but I had to track you down first. Can't have you getting in my way again." His tone had now changed to dark and threatening. Hawks stepped in front of me extending his wings to shield me. Stain began to laugh.

"This doesn't concern you hero. Step away before I kill you too." Stain growled out while pulling his blades. Hawks didn't move. Instead, his feathers turned to blades and he took one in his hand.

"Funny I was about to say the same thing." Hawks smugly retorted. Stain clenched his jaw in frustration. I began to manically laugh. I lit my palms and slowly started to float in the air. The men looked at me shocked.

"It's funny how you think you can beat me. Try it and I'll have your blood splattered across this building like paint." I said through my laughter. I must have looked as psychotic as I sounded because Hawks stiffened at the sight of me. 

Stain threw a few blades my way. I stopped them and flung them to the ground. I teleported to him. Suddenly I was in Hosu on top of the hospital. How the hell did I do that? Hosu is 30 minutes away from my apartment if I flew there at top speed. I dropped Stain on the roof. He looked around with wide eyes before turning his gaze to me.

"You've changed." He huffed out in shock.

"Finish your business here and leave. I won't interfere in your plans so leave me the fuck alone or I will fulfill that threat I made earlier." I growled out. I went to turn away and make my way back to my apartment when he spoke. 

"What is the top assassin in Japan doing at a school for heroes?" He asked. My body froze. He must have watched the festival and recognized me. I teleported to him and grabbed him by the collar.

"Oh, looks like I hit a nerve." He said smugly.

"Mind your fucking business." I growled out.

"Your affliction for heroes is something I can understand. But learning from the filth and corrupt of that establishment is not the way to go." He growled out at me. Before I could react, he pulled a blade on me and sliced my arm causing me to drop him. He licked the knife with my blood on it causing my body to go limp and fall to the ground unable to move. What the hell? Is this his quirk?