Chapter 36

~Y/N POV~

I stayed in the emptiness for a while before her voice came back.

Sorry about that Y/N. When I take full control and heal you or use an excessive amount of power it will completely drain your stamina and cause you to collapse for the time being.

Oh, it's okay. Why can I suddenly hear you speak? And why were you able to fully come forth?

I've been fighting to break free and speak to you ever since that bastard went into a coma and cut his connection. His hold was a lot stronger than I thought. You have been connecting to my power more frequently and it's helped. Before you ask, no, I'm not here to hurt you. I'm here to protect you. I was passed onto you when your mother died.

Did you have conversations like this with my mother?

Yeah, I did. I grew very fond of your mother in the time I was with her. When she was dying, I swore to protect you. I'm sorry that I failed you. I tried to come forth multiple times, but our connection was still pretty weak after the transfer and I couldn't come forth until that night Rin finally got in your mind.

What do you mean the connection was weak? Is that how possessions work? You can just hop from body to body.

With normal demons yes but in my case no. The only reason I was able to transfer onto you was because your mother was pregnant with you when I was attached to her. Our connection in theory is actually a lot stronger than your mother's and mine. My power and soul were connected to your soul at birth. Mira and I knew that when the day came you would be able to connect with me without any drawbacks. Unfortunately, because the transfer wasn't done properly, I couldn't come forth right away.

You mean it was done quickly because my mother was dying.

Yes, exactly.

So, what is my actual quirk?

Telekinesis. Just like your mothers was before I inhabited her body.

But I thought my mother's quirk was her wings.

That's what everyone believed. When I first possessed her, she was young. About five years old. She was confronted by a villain who had possession of my soul, wielding it like a quirk, and passed it onto her forcefully.

All for One...

Yes. When he did that our souls connected inorganically and she formed her wings as a side effect. It wasn't her true quirk, but it adapted itself like a quirk. She couldn't release them like you can. Our souls are connected properly and so you can call forth my power and release it without drawbacks.

I would say the only drawback is my emotions.

Yes, well that happened to your mother at first too. Her emotions would surge out of my control and it would cause outbursts. It will get easier with time and training. You're about to wake back up but if you want to learn more we can freely communicate. I'm always here.

Wait what is your true name?

Mazikeen. But you can call me Maze.

My eyes fluttered open to reveal Recovery Girls office. I looked next to me to see All Might looking back.

"Kid!" All Might said happily before wrapping me in a hug. I wrapped my arms around him.

"Hey." I said groggily before looking around the room. No one else was in here except for Recovery Girl and All Might. I looked out the window and saw the illuminated city. It was already nighttime.