Chapter 43

~Izuku POV~

"DAMNIT!" Y/N yelled out before punching the ground causing it to crack. Tears fell from her eyes and she began to cry out. I slowly made my way over to her and before I could she collapsed on the ground.

"Y/N!" I yelled along with Todoroki. We ran to her and I flipped her over to reveal burns covering most of her body and blood flowing from her nose, mouth, and ears. I cradled her in my arms and held her close, tears now flowing freely from my eyes. I couldn't even help. If someone like her wasn't able to stop them then what hope do I or any of my classmates have. I heard footsteps approaching and I turned to see a shocked Uraraka, Tsu, and Shoji. Tokoyami was still in shock over what had just gone down.

"Y/N!" Uraraka cried out before running over to me and dropping to her knees.

"Where's Bakugo?" Shoji huffed out.

"They took him." Todoroki growled out before looking at Y/N in my arms.

"We need to get her back to camp right now." I stated in a whisper still not really able to accept that my bestfriend lay dying in my arms and Kacchan was just taken by villains. Uraraka touched Y/N making her float and we all ran back towards camp. When we arrived, ambulances, firefighters, and police flooded the area. At the sound of twigs snapping beneath our feet Eraser turned in our direction and went wide eyed. EMT's swarmed us, directing us towards the triage area and rushing Y/N to an ambulance. I ran with them and hopped in the ambulance next to her not responding to Eraser calling out my name. I held her hand as the EMT's worked diligently. The monitor was hooked up to her and the beat was a slow steady rhythm until the monitor flatlined. I let go of her hand and hot tears ran down my face. The EMT's began compressions. After several rounds of compressions there were still no vital signs.

"No Y/N! I can't lose you too! Wake up!" I choked out. The EMT grabbed the defibrillator and turned it on.

"CLEAR!" The EMT yelled before hitting Y/N with the paddles. No change.

"Up the voltage!" She yelled. The other EMT did as she ordered.

"CLEAR!" She yelled again. Still no change. Memories of the USJ flashed through my head.

"Put it at the highest setting!" I yelled the EMT's looked at me dumbfounded.

"That will kill her." The woman said to me.

"She is already dead! Just do it!" I yelled pleading. The EMT's looked at each other before looking back at me.

"Please. Just try." I cried out. The woman looked at the paddles in her hand before looking at Y/N then her partner.

"Put it to Max voltage." She stated. Her partner looked at her with wide eyes.

"We can't do that." The other EMT stated. The EMT holding the paddles turned to me.

"You better be right about this." She stated before turning the dial to max voltage.

"CLEAR!" She yelled before slamming the pads on Y/N. Her body jumped from the flow of electricity before relaxing again on the gurney. Silence fell over the ambulance until a small beep pulled our attention. A steady rhythm rang out on the machine and everyone let out a sigh of relief. We arrived at the hospital moments later and the EMT's rushed her into the ER. They went through double doors leading to the surgery ward and a few nurses stopped me.

"You can't go this way, you need to be treated for your wounds. The doctors will do all they can to save her. Please follow me." The nurse stated pulling me from the doors and into a room. The nurses treated my burns and cuts but all I could think of was Y/N. After I was bandaged the nurses insisted on moving me to my own room for observation. I was brought to a room and waited and waited to hear something about Y/N but hours went by and nothing. I pondered the events of today and couldn't wrap my head around it. How did they find us? What are their plans for Kacchan? The summer training camp we had all been looking forward to couldn't have been more of a disaster. Before I knew it sleep was taking over me and I drifted off.