Chapter 52

Y/N POV

"My queen." Gajeel said coldly. I looked at Maze.

"Care to explain Maze?" I asked annoyed. She looked at me and shook her head. I growled in annoyance before I relaxed. I looked over at Gajeel who hadn't taken his eyes off of her.

"I just don't understand it." I stated. Gajeel finally took his eyes off of Maze to look at me.

"What Y/N?" He asked calmly. Maze's eyes widened.

"When did you two get so buddy buddy? You barely met the child and you are already comfortable enough to use her name?" Maze asked astonished. Gajeel turned his attention back to her.

"You have claimed the child as your own have you not? So by default I will treat her as my own." He stated nonchalantly. He turned his attention back to me.

"What do you not understand Y/N?" He asked. I looked to Maze who looked at me. I gave her an evil smile.

"Don't you dare!" She growled.

"I don't understand how Maze thinks you are a hmm what did you call him again?" I stood there rubbing my chin in thought.

"Y/N! Say it and I'm going to beat you!" Maze groaned. I began to laugh. I turned back to Gajeel.

"She said you were a grouchy old bastard but I just don't see it." I said smugly. Maze groaned in annoyance and lunged for me but before she could grab me Gajeel stepped between us and grabbed her outstretched hand.

"A grouchy old bastard huh?" He asked. Maze stopped and swallowed.

"You disappear for over 3 decades, no contact. Then come back to purgatory only to purge a demon and disappear again, still no contact. And you have the gall to call me a grouchy old bastard because I broke your connection to my power as a consequence?" He asked.

"I think that about sums it up." I said poking my head out from behind Gajeel to look at Maze. She glared back at me.

"Not helping Y/N." She groaned and looked up at Gajeel.

"I'm sorry my love." She said softly. Gajeel seemed to relax.

"There was that so hard?" He cooed. I looked up at him with wide eyes before I looked to Maze who had a scowl on her face.

"You act as if you are in pain." He laughed. Maze let out a 'tch'.

"Excruciating." She mumbled. I smiled and let out a laugh. Gajeel and Maze looked over at me.

"Oh my gosh. You're as stubborn as Katsuki!" I howled clutching my stomach from the excessive laughter.

"I'm nothing like that little gremlin! Take that back!" Maze growled. I continued to laugh.

"Hey kid you doing okay in there?" Dad asked from the other side of the wall. I stopped laughing and turned towards the wall and opened a pocket.

"Yeah I'm okay just ugh still trying to figure out this fire thing." I stated nervously.

"Oh perfect timing." Maze stated and snapped her fingers. Dad appeared next to me stunned. He looked at me then behind me and his eyes went wide. I closed the pocket in the barrier and turned to Maze. Gajeel looked at my dad next to me.

"Ugh Y/N what is going on?" Dad asked. Maze ran up to him and threw her arms around him in a hug.

"It's nice to finally meet you face to face Toshi." Maze stated as she let go of him and stepped back. Dad looked her up and down and smiled.

"Hello Maze. It's nice to finally meet you in person." He stated softly. His eyes began to water.

"You look just like her." He stated.