Chapter 49

Authors Note: I'm sorry guys. I've been so busy with work and school that it left me very little time to write. I have the next few chapters drafted and hopefully will get them out soon after they are revised. I was able to fix previous chapters as well. As always, love you guys, and stay safe!

~Y/N POV~

I ended up crying myself to sleep last night. I was woken up when there was a tap on the window in my hospital room. I shot up from bed and my palms instantly lit red. A sharp pain shot through my head, and I winced before I powered down. I guess my body is still recovering. I looked at the window and saw Keigo staring at me. He smiled at me with tears in his eyes. I motioned for him to come in situating myself to sit up in bed. He opened the window and tucked his wings in before climbing through. Once his feet hit the floor, he ran over to me and crushed me in a hug.

"Woah. Hi to you too." I laughed. His wings were trembling as he held me close to him.

"Woah Keigo, you okay?" I asked. He stood straight and looked at me. Tears were falling from his eyes as he looked at me. I don't think I've ever seen him cry before.

"I thought you were dead. After I saw that broadcast I..." He stated with a sad tone.

"I'm sorry for..." I started to say but he pulled me back into a hug. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him back.

"I'm okay. Thank you for worrying about me." I stated. He began to sob holding me. I sat there hugging him for a while until he calmed down. When his crying finally ceased he let me go and stepped back. I gave him a small smile.

"Thanks for coming to check on me." I stated. He nodded and sat down in the chair next to my bed letting his wings drape over the back of the chair.

"What were you thinking taking him and the league on like that?" He asked with a hint of annoyance. I put my head down and sighed.

"You know why." I sighed. He clenched his fists in anger before taking a deep breath.

"I should have been there. I should have had your back." He stated.

"Keigo you can't beat yourself up about this. It was my choice." I stated. He looked at me as anger flashed over his face.

"You were ready to kill yourself just to get revenge." He growled. I stiffened and looked away from him.

"I'm right, aren't I?" He asked annoyed. I stayed silent not looking at him.

"Look at me." He ordered. I slowly turned my head toward him. He looked at me with hope in his eyes. Hope that he wasn't right about me.

"Yes." I stated. The hope in his eyes didn't vanish as he asked his next question.

"If you were back there, knowing that you'd die if you did it, would you still choose to kill him?" He asked. I know he was hoping for me to say no but he knew my answer.

"You already..." I began to say but he cut me off.

"I want to hear you say it." He growled. I looked at him with a cold stare.

"I already knew I would die if I tried to kill him." I stated. He remained silent. The room was silent as we stared at each other.

"You knew what it cost but you still wanted to do it anyway." He said.

"Yes. I knew I would die but he had to be put down for the sake of others..." I began to say but was cut off when Keigo abruptly stood from his chair.

"You may be able to blow that smoke up somebody else's ass but you can't lie to me Y/N." He stated. My face was emotionless as he stared at me with seething anger.