Chapter 41

~Y/N POV~

Pixie Bob and I made our way closer to the group.

Ochaco spotted me first and waved at me before worry flashed across her face. She ran over and looked me up and down.

"Y/N are you okay? You look exhausted and your clothes are burned and torn." She stated. I looked down and grabbed at my now tattered training clothes.

"Yeah I'm okay, guess I went a little overboard." I laughed nervously.

"Well go get changed and join us. We are making dinner and could use your help." She laughed. I laughed as well and nodded before turning to leave. I spotted Katsuki and he looked at me with a smile before he grew worried at my appearance. I mouthed to him "I'm okay. I'll be right back." I ran over to the cabin and got changed before heading back to the camping area to help everyone out.

"Hey Todoroki! Can you help us light this?" Mina asked Shoto. He went over to light it and I ran over and stopped him.

"Here let me." I stated before crouching down. I touched the wood lightly and the wood was set ablaze. A few pits down Katsuki tried to light a fire and ended up destroying the pit in the process. I let out a small giggle and got a death glare from him.

"Woah how did you do that!?" Mina asked.

"It's my new trick." I stated proudly.

"No fair. It's like you get a new power everyday." Mina whined. I looked at Shoto who was looking at me with wide eyes. I stood up and took a few steps back.

"Everyone stand back." I stated and everyone looked at me before taking a few steps back. I snapped my fingers and the pits all roared to life simultaneously before dying down and creating a steady flame. Everyone looked at me in amazement. A sharp pain resonated in my head and I flinched.

"Wow you got the hang of that fast. But you need to hold off on using it for a while. It's not a normal ability you can use that often. It would drain me for a while when I would use it and you just learned how to wield it. Take it easy, okay." Maze said proudly.

What can I say I had a good teacher but yeah, you're right I did go a little overboard today.

I quickly shook off the pain. We all worked on preparing the ingredients and I ended up making a large pot for class 1A.

"Guys that's not fair to Y/N she is doing all the work. We'll never learn if we rely on others to do the work for us." Momo stated to our class.

"Hey, everyone helped me prepare everything. I'm just cooking and seasoning it so you guys don't poison me." I laughed. Everyone else laughed and I started making bowls. Momo took over and insisted I sit down and eat. I took a bowl for Katsuki and myself and sat down next to him.

"You okay?" He asked, grabbing my hand. I smiled at him and nodded.

"Yeah, I just went a little overboard today. How was your training?" I asked him, taking a bite of the curry. Wow, this is actually pretty good.

"I was fine. Besides, those other losers couldn't keep up with me." He grumbled. I looked down at his arms and noticed they were bandaged.

"What happened to your arms?" I asked, examining the one I was holding.

"Just some minor burns and bruises I'm fine." He stated flatly. I narrowed my eyes at him and squeezed his hand hard causing him to wince.

"No you're not let me see." I stated pulling his hand towards me and removing the bandage. He had second-degree burns on his hands and dark purple bruises on his forearms.