Chapter 47

TW: Mention of Blood and Violence. There will be a scene later on that is very gruesome and may be hard for some readers to view. I will indicate when it starts and ends for those who want to skip it.

~Izuku POV~

Everyone stood in silence catching our breaths after narrowly escaping from the battlefield. We were surrounded by a sea of people in shock over the destruction that had occurred not far from them. Heroes have been ushering people to the train station to help evacuate the citizens from the area. The rest of my friends seemed so relieved to have Kacchan back and safe that no one seemed to notice the usually explosive blond was rendered speechless. I took a step forward to talk to him but before I could Todoroki placed a hand on my shoulder. Todoroki also noticed Kacchan's silent demeanor.

"Midoriya are you okay?" He asked. I looked at him and nodded.

"Yeah, is everyone else okay?" I asked looking at my friends who seemed to have finally relaxed.

"Yeah Yaoyorozu just joined us. It seems the heroes are bringing everyone here to evacuate the citizens." He stated looking around.

"It seems that way. Luckily we missed that last shockwave after...she got us out of there." I hesitated. The mention of Y/N instantly made Kacchan stiffen. He did figure it out. That's why he was fighting so hard against her power.

"It seems the rescue worked." Todoroki stated. Kacchan growled in anger before looking at us.

"A rescue?! That's not what happened back there." Kacchan yelled in frustration.

"You're welcome!" Kirishima stated giving him a thumbs up. Everyone began to laugh thinking Kacchan was just being prideful, but I knew better. Kacchan growled in frustration looking down at the ground with his hands curled into tight fists. I hesitantly took a step forward, away from Todoroki who turned and joined the rest of the group in an attempt to give us some privacy.

"Kacchan..." I began to say but stopped when I saw tears fall from his eyes. I froze in shock. I've never seen Kacchan cry before.

"How long?" He whispered.

"What..." I began to say but was cut off when Kacchan grabbed my shirt and yanked me toward him.

"You knew. How long?" He asked clearly in pain.

"I figured it out after Hosu." I whispered. His eyes widened and he let go of my shirt.

"Why didn't she tell me?" He asked.

"She wanted to, but she didn't know how." I stated.

"I would have never judged her for her past. She should have told me." He stated with a broken voice.

"She wanted to protect you." I stated and as soon as the words left my mouth, I knew I should have stayed silent. Kacchan looked at me with seething anger.

"I can take care of my god damn self. I deserved to know." He growled out. I took a step back and nodded. His face contorted in anger.

"She will be okay." I stated.

"She was injured. If I'm right, Maze was the other woman from earlier. That means she can't heal, and she put herself in the middle of a fight with All Might and that All for One guy. She'll get herself killed out there." He mumbled. I was about to say something when the crowd around us gasped. I looked around to see everyone looking at the giant screen above the train station. I turned quickly and my heart stopped. All Might was kneeling on the ground, powered down, bloody and bruised looking at All for One who had Y/N in his grasp choking the life out of her.