THREE

CHAPTER THREE
a new home & new friends

"Behind every successful
woman
is a tribe
of other successful women
who have her back"
-anonymous

THE TWO SUPERNATURAL TEENS sit across from Dr. Saltzman in his office. The three were alone since Landon and Katelyn didn't feel comfortable with others knowing what they were and how they found out. 

"You guys have one chance. Now, explain what you are and give me some backstory." Alaric said, leaning back in his chair with a notebook in his lap and a pen in his hand. Katelyn and Landon glance at each other before speaking. 

"Well... I'm a phoenix." Landon started since Katelyn was a little more complicated. "But I'm also a wolf. An immortal flying wolf." He jokes at the end trying to lighten the mood. Alaric stares at them before giving them a disbelieving stare. Landon groaned slightly before a snarl left his lips and a yellow hue took over his eyes. 

"So, you are a wolf." Alaric nodded but then gave them a look. "What's with the phoenix stuff?" Landon rubbed the back of his neck and looked at Katelyn. She nodded and he stood up, walking away from the desk. He closed his eyes for a second, concentrating before wings made of fire came out of his back. The wings disappeared and Landon sat back down, looking worn. Alaric was staring at him in disbelief. 

"I'm a hybrid. I turned into a wolf when I died..." Landon trailed off, not wanting to remember the painful memory. 

"How?" Alaric pressed. 

"That's a bit of a long story... Katie?" Landon turned to look at her for some help. 

She sat up in her seat and sighed heavily. "You can't tell anyone. I don't want anyone to know what I am. Just that I'm a werewolf. Understand?" The man hesitated but nodded. "Landon was born a phoenix and I was born a tribrid. A witch, werewolf, and vampire." 

Alaric's eyes were wide as they stared at her. "I don't believe you. Hope is the only tribrid known to exist." Katelyn rolled her eyes. She muttered a spell and flicked her wrist. His stapler opened and shot a staple into the wall. She made her eyes turn gold and a growl ripped from her throat. "Hybrid." She rolled her eyes and looked over at Landon. He nodded. She took his arm, grimaced, then snapped it. He let out a painful yelp. "What the--" He stopped himself as Katelyn fed the boy some blood and his arm slowly regenerated. "So you really are a tribrid."

"Yes. But that's not all. When we died... we absorbed each other's magic. I'm a trinix as I like to call it. A tribrid-phoenix. I can fly just like Landon can. Only Rafael knows about this and I plan on keeping it that way. Please keep it to yourself and don't share it with anyone. Not even Hope. Especially not Hope." She pleaded. She wanted to speak to Hope and get to know her before she unloaded all her crap on her.