FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE
of realizations & help

CHAPTER FIVEof realizations & help

"She got that
independent,
wake up,
and 
make shit happen
type of vibe"
- anonymous

EVERYONE IS GATHERED IN THE ASSEMBLY HALL with Alaric in front of them. He was going to update him on what was happening. Katelyn was sitting next to Hope who was bouncing her leg restlessly. 

"For ten years, we've gone undetected. Protecting you, protecting our secret, has been our singular mission. Tonight, I need your help to find Landon Kirby... before he exposes us all." 

The students begin to chatter about the news. Rafael looks over at Katelyn but frowns when she sees her talking to Hope quietly as if the news was completely irrelevant to her. 

Once the assembly is over and everyone is dismissed, Katelyn walks with Hope towards the yard. They both stop when they see MG approach Josie. 

"Jo..." the dark-skinned vampire said. 

Josie keeps walking with a scowl, "I'm not talking to you." 

"Hold on!" MG said, making Josie stopped. "I'm sorry, all right? I'm an ass. You-know-who, she puts those sex herbs in her weed, and I had a momentary lapse in judgment."

Josie looks like she's on the verge of tears. Katelyn watches as Hope steps forward, ready to intervene making the blonde smirk. "Why does everyone find her so special?" Josie asked making MG scoff.

"She's not special. She's just... available." MG, seeing that what he said doesn't make her feel better, quickly leans in for a hug, wrapping his arms around her. "Come here. Don't hate me, okay?" 

MG pulls away after a moment and squeezes her arms before he walks away. Josie, who had been watching him go, was suddenly distracted by the sound of laughing nearby and begins to scowl again as she sees Penelope laughing with a couple of other girls. Tired of how Penelope is making her feel, Josie raises her hand waist high and whispers an incantation under her breath but is clear to the two tribrids.

"Igno lucen."

Hope and Katelyn watch as Penelope's sleeve catches on fire and she begins to scream for help as she tries to snuff out the flames. "Ahhh! Ahhh! Put it out!" A bystander pulls off their shawl and uses it to put out the flame as Josie turns to walk in the other direction. 

"I have an idea." Hope announced suddenly making Katelyn laugh. 

.

.

.

.

Hope and Katelyn appear in the doorway of the Saltzman twin's room where Josie is cleaning up, putting things away. "We need your help." Hope said making the girl jump and turn towards the two.