TWENTY-FIVE

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
of zombies and being outed

HOPE WAS PANICKING BUT TRYING TO KEEP it cool for Josie's sake

HOPE WAS PANICKING BUT TRYING TO KEEP it cool for Josie's sake. She felt like she couldn't breathe. Her heart was cracking and her chest was enclosing around her lungs, squeezing tightly. 

Alaric had filled her in on what he thought happened which scared the crap out of her. She couldn't lose Josie. She couldn't. She'd be broken beyond repair and nothing ever would fix that. 

She had been so caught up in her own mind, a flashlight in one hand and a shovel in the other, that she didn't realize that she was walking by two people who could potentially help her until she heard Satan's voice.

"You gonna howl at the moon wearing that?" Penelope asked her and Hope looked over at her and the vampire. 

She looked away. "Sorry, no time for bitchy banter." She said, continuing to walk. Her tone was harsh, she knew that, but she needed to find Josie before it was too late. She stopped and turned towards them. "Actually... I could use your help finding Josie." None of them missed how her voice shook slightly when she said the brunette's name. 

Katelyn came running over just as Penelope asked, "What happened?"

"Apparently, her possessed biological mother buried her alive in the cemetery." Hope replied with such bitterness that the three flinched back a bit. 

Katelyn, Penelope, and MG all grabbed a farming tool. "We're coming with you." MG said. 

They all followed Hope. She looked back at Katelyn. "What about Lizzie?"

Katelyn looked at her. "She'll understand." Katelyn's phone rang and she took it out of her coat, answering it. "What, Alaric?" She snapped. 

"Dorian and Emma took the knife and drove out of town." He told her. 

Katelyn's eyes turned golden as she put her phone between her ear and shoulder, grabbing onto the tool with both hands and hitting a tree so hard that it snapped in half. 

The other three stopped and stared at her. "TELL THEM TO BRING THAT KNIFE BACK INTO THE BOUNDARY LINE!" Katelyn shouted into the phone. "If the witches get ahold of the one thing that I was trying to keep away from them then they one step fucking closer to winning Alaric!" 

She ended the call, breathing heavily. She stuffed her phone back into her suit and looked at the others, her eyes going back to normal. 

"Let's get Josie back." She growled. The other three nodded in agreement and they took off into the forest. 

"MG, listen for her breathing." Hope told the vampire after they finally arrived at the cemetery. 

"Hold on." The vampire said making the three women stop. "I hear something. Shovel." Penelope handed him the shovel while she took his farming tool. He walked forward and started shoveling a spot as Hope shined the light on it.