THIRTY-NINE

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
a plan

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINEa plan

KATELYN WASN'T A FOOL. She knew that Veronica, despite Landon having ripped her to shreds, was still out there. She wasn't alive, no, but her memory lives on in the other witches who are still out there, waiting to kill her and everyone she loves. 

Lizzie wasn't a fool. She saw the looks she was getting from Rafael during her birthday but decided to shrug it off, wanting to think he hadn't wanted to hurt his sister. That went down the drain when she found her girlfriend's ring, which apparently keeps her sane, in his pocket. But she also noticed that when Katelyn wasn't around, he'd get closer to her and follow her like a lost puppy. 

It irritated her to no end. 

She was in a relationship with a girl he had the audacity to call his sister and then, then he tried to get with her? 

"Liz, you okay?" 

Lizzie looked up, seeing Vincent staring at her with concern. She nodded and rubbed her forehead. 

"Just trying to make everything perfect," she explained, standing up straight and getting back to ordering people around. Vincent chuckled and shook his head, going back to helping the other wolves in moving the tables out of the assembly hall. 

"Mommy!" Lizzie spun around, grunting as Nik ran into her legs. She caught the little boy with a smile, leaning down to ruffle his hair. Her heart soared when she registered what he said and it made some tears well up in her eyes. 

"What's up, sweetheart?" She asked. 

"I don't have anything to wear!" He shrieked causing Josie, who was helping string up MASQUERADE on the wall, to laugh. "It's not funny, Aunt Josie! I have to impress Lilly!" 

Josie stepped off the step ladder and walked over as Lizzie raised an eyebrow. "Lilly? As in the witch Lilly?" 

Nik nodded, running his hand through his hair. "She asked me to be her date and I said yes but I don't have a suit!" He grabbed onto Josie and Lizzie's shirts, his eyes wide with panic. "Help me!" 

Elijah appeared, chuckling. "I can help you, Mr. Nikolai. Come on, let's get you the best suit these people have seen," he said with a smile. 

Nikolaus grabbed his hand as Lizzie threw him a grateful look. Elijah winked at her before picking up the boy and disappearing in a whoosh. 

"He called me Mommy, Jo..." Lizzie whispered, looking over at her sister with tears in her eyes. 

Josie smiled and pulled her twin in for a hug. "I know, Liz. That's amazing," she whispered back, kissing the side of Lizzie's head. 

.

.

.

.

THE CIRCLE'S HOUSE, TIME FRAME WORLD

"So our house will be in the same place in our world?" Jed asked. 

"Yep," Katelyn replied. 

They were standing in the living room, the five of them coming up with a plan once they get back to their world. 

"And all of our stuff will be there too?"

"Yes." 

"Great," Hope said, "now that it's sorted, let's get to work." 

They were planning on destroying this time frame world because the witches have control over it. Then Katelyn was going to create another that she had control of so they could send the people who are truly bad there. 

The five grabbed each other's hands, interlocking their fingers. They all closed their eyes as Katelyn began to murmur things in Latin. 

The wind around them picked up, blowing through the house. The doors burst open right before the windows shattered. The ground began to shake as it split and opened up. A portal that led into a world that looked exactly like this one but brighter.

The house began to collapse in on itself as the ground crumbled into the core of the Earth. 

"We need to get out of here now!" Griffin yelled over the wind. Thunder crackled in the distance as a flash of lightning lit up the sky. 

"Let's go!" Hope called before jumping through the portal. The four followed after her, their bodies all hitting the floor of the house they were just in but not destroyed. 

"We're back," Landon said, slowly standing up and looking around. The others stood up as well. 

Katelyn walked over to the laptop and opened it up. She looked at the date.

May 26th, 2028

"Yeah... Yeah, we're back," Katelyn breathed, looking back at her sister, son, and best friends.

AN: Sorry it took forever to update and that it's so short. The updates will probably be delayed quite a lot. I'll update whenever I can. School is kicking my arse, sorry guys. Also, I searched up when Legacies takes place, and apparently, it isn't in 2030 and started in 2028. Oops. (I know the gif is from Twilight but I couldn't find a good gif of the ground collapsing in on itself)