FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
mystic falls high

CHAPTER FOURTEENmystic falls high

"MYSTIC FALLS, WE GOT CLAWS." CHEERLEADERS chanted as the six Salvatore students filed out of the bus. The students from Mystic Falls High turned to look at them as they walked by. The cheerleaders walked away looking disgusted. 

Katelyn saw Kyle, the kid she punched, looking over at Landon and frowned. Landon stared back at him before walking fast to keep up with the group, successfully running into Lizzie. 

"I was making an entrance, mophead." Lizzie said to Landon snarkily. 

"Sorry. I just had a... a flashback to my freshman year here." Landon said as he and Lizzie joined the group. 

"Girls are missing, so get your wedgie trauma in check or leave." Lizzie told him. 

"He's fine now." Hope sighed. 

"Let it go." Katelyn added. 

Lizzie dropped it and looked at the group. "Okay, here's the deal. Landon, you talk to any of the people you still know from when you went here. Hope, you try to not deliberately alienate the entire student body while the rest of us save the world." 

Hope crossed her arms. "This isn't a contest, Lizzie." 

"You're right." Lizzie said, nodding. "It's a mission for a hero and her league of... whatevers." 

"Yeah." Kaleb scoffed. "Screw that. I work alone." 

Lizzie ignored him and looked at MG as he and Katelyn locked eyes. A silent understanding passed through them. "MG, I need your compulsion skills. Would you like to be the Robin to my Batwoman?" 

"Actually, Batwoman doesn't have a Robin..." He trailed as he saw Katelyn just shaking her head as if saying to 'just go with it'. 

"Metaphor, nerd. Let's go, Okay." Lizzie said patting him on the chest. 

The two walked away and the other three looked between each other before Landon looked off into the distance. A minute later, Katelyn got a call and she took her phone out of her pocket. 

She frowned when she saw Josie's contact come up. She answered and put her phone up to her ear. "Hello?" 

"Rafael and Jed are high on testosterone. What do I do?" She asked. 

"Woah, hey. Do not get in the middle of two werewolves, Jo. Especially an Alpha and a pack member. Rafael can fight his own shit. Let him sort it out." Katelyn said. Hope looked over at her with a 'what the hell?' look. Landon looked over when he heard Raf's name. 

"But—" 

"No, Josie. Rafael doesn't know how to control himself yet. He may not want to hurt you but he could if he loses control." Katelyn said sternly. "He's not used to Jed being his Alpha because I am his just like I am Landon's. It's weird for him."