THIRTY-EIGHT

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
i'm here for you

"No matter whatuniversewe always seemto findone another"- katelyn mikaelson

"No matter what
universe
we always seem
to find
one another"
- katelyn mikaelson

THE MUD SLOSHES UNDERNEATH JED AND LANDON'S BOOTS as they run through the grass outside of their house. Griffin is in front of them, ahead a couple of feet. Katelyn and Hope watch from the porch, finding it very amusing how the three boys interact with each other. 

They are kind of like the mothers of the three boys-- keeping them out of trouble, making sure they eat enough, bathe. 

And then there are times where Katelyn has to knock some sense into all of them when Hope joins the boys. 

Landon tackles Griffin to the ground, the two rollings around, each trying to pin each other. Hope giggles as Katelyn rolls her eyes. The blonde smiles and walks inside to go get their dinners ready while Hope continues to watch the three. 

Landon manages to pin Griffin, a smug smirk on his face that her nephew kisses off. Hope shakes her head and goes inside to give the three their privacy. 

Throughout their time in the Time Frame, they've visited many different centuries and eras. Their favorite is the medieval era where they met King Arthur and Sr. Lancelot plus the other knights of the round table. 

The knights of Camelot taught the five how to use swords, axes (that was Hope's favorite), plus the witches of Camelot taught them more magic-- well, the other four, Katelyn had already known most of what they taught. 

Jed liked the 1900s, Landon liked the Renaissance, Griffin liked being able to help the people in the many different wars-- World War I, World War II, the Cold War, the Revolutionary War--, Hope liked the Jazz age, and Katelyn liked Ancient Greek and Rome.

They also went to Mystic Falls during the Mystic Falls Gang was there. They hadn't interacted with any of them, just watched from afar and learned more about their history and the schools. 

It wasn't that bad in the Time Frame world. They could go to any place in time, learn magic, collect magical objects. They could do anything they wanted. The only thing that sucked was they were away from the people they loved. 

"I swear, one day, those boys are gonna get us killed," Hope said, taking a seat at the island. 

Katelyn gave her a look over her shoulder. "They did," she said with a scoff. "During the dinosaur period... when the boys tried to kill a T-Rex and you had quite literally died for them." 

Hope grunted, face scrunching up. She remembers alright. That was a scary day... who would've thought those tiny little arms could be so scary? Hope shudders and takes the cup of blood Katelyn passed her along with a sandwich.