A Sober Hokage and Some Sobering Realizations

Where was he? That question had plagued me since I had checked on the Hokage's office earlier that morning just to see that Kakashi was nowhere in sight. He was always in the office, always, no matter if he was drunk or high, he still was always there to do his job, as surprising as that was.

I had just finished scanning the entirety of the Hokage's tower, panic beginning to mount as I realized that he just wasn't anywhere. If he wasn't at his apartment, and, if he wasn't here, then where the hell was he?

Bursting through the doors, I almost smacked Naruto directly in the face, the boy taking a startled step back.

"Whoa, hey!" he steadied himself, scowling at me, "What's the rush?" he then picked up on my agitated state, his anger diffusing, "Uh... is it something about Kakashi-sensei?"

I nodded frantically, running my hands through my hair as I scanned the streets in front of me, "I can't find him anywhere. Not here, not the apartment, and him being alone the way he is is just asking for something horrible to happen."

Naruto's brow furrowed in concern, him looking around as well, "Where would he go?"

"That's the problem!" I threw my hands up, "I don't know where else he'd be!"

"Maybe we should ask Sasuke and Yui?" Naruto offered, "Yui might know where he is at least."

"Maybe." I replied, already heading off in the direction of her apartment, Naruto following close behind.

As soon as I arrived at her door I began knocking, praying that someone would answer the door and tell me where the fuck Kakashi was hiding. Yui opened the door, once again in just an oversized T-shirt, and I quickly raised my hands to cover my eyes and turned around, "Sorry!"

"What do you want?" she inquired, ignoring my embarrassment and looking to Naruto.

"We don't know where Kakashi-sensei is." he answered.

Yui was silent for a moment, "Turn around, coward."

I reluctantly did so, noting her expression that told me to explain, "He isn't at the apartment or the office. He didn't tell me that he was going anywhere today, and I'm worried that something bad is going to happen... or might have already happened."

"Hm." she looked down pensively, "Hold on a minute."

She closed the door in my face, and Naruto and I shared a look, the boy shrugging as we waited for her to return. Soon enough, the door opened and Yui was thankfully dressed, but before she made it out the door arms wrapped around her from behind and Sasuke popped his chin on her shoulder.

"Where are you going?" he asked, looking forward to see me, glaring, then noticing Naruto, his glare further deepening, "What the fuck is this?"

"Kakashi's disappeared apparently." She answered, taking his arms off of her and exiting the apartment, "I guess you should come too, I can't have you smoking while I'm away."

"It's been two weeks!" Sasuke shouted at her back, stepping out and closing the door with a sigh when she didn't respond to him, "We should probably help though."

"He was at work yesterday, I know that." Yui noted, "So I think he's only been unaccounted for today."

We began heading down the road, but one question was still left up in the air, "Where are we going?"

Yui paused, her and Sasuke sharing a look where they seemed to both be considering it, "Where would Kakashi be?"

"Where..." Sasuke echoed, looking up at the sky, eyes narrowed as he thought.