House Keeping and Cuteness Dynamics

It was a little odd to be one of the first to see this place, especially given that this was the farthest I'd ever entered into the Inuzuka 'Territory' so they called it. But, sure enough, given that I was Hinata's family I was given the exclusive right to enter into what would soon be her house, with Kiba... as husband and wife... with a child.

To think that in the time she'd been back, no, in the time I was gone, she'd somehow managed to make all of the pieces of her life fit together and now she had a prestigious job with what many would consider an ideal set up for life. Meanwhile I had to go fuck off to the woods for a while and 'find myself'. Christ, she made things seem so easy sometimes.

Of course I knew better, the stress of everything was clearly weighing on her, and an unplanned pregnancy would not be considered a wise decision in anyone's book, it wasn't even a 'decision' in the first place, but, all the same, she was happy. I couldn't say I wasn't too.

I gave the countertop in front of me another scan for any stray spots of dust I'd missed; I wouldn't want to disappoint the In-Laws with a subpar performance after all. I smirked at that idea, in-laws with the Inuzuka's, her marrying Kiba made more than enough sense to me, but marrying into this family seemed ludicrous.

They did provide quite the nice house though, more than nice actually, it was almost perfect for Hinata. It was spacious and surrounded by trees, not necessarily removed from the territory, but with enough surrounding it that Hinata could reasonably pretend that she was miles away from civilization. It wasn't as modern styled as the apartment, with a lot more natural elements, but it certainly couldn't be considered 'backwoods' by any means.

I was surprised by the size of it, but, then again, this was Tsume's territory and Kiba was going to be the future clan head; it wasn't like his current house wasn't spacious.

Footsteps drew my attention to the entryway, although I knew who it was, Tsume and Hana had been running all over the place to perfect the home. The distraction was welcome, though, as I now noticed what Izumi was doing.

With a stack of dishes in front of him on the counter, Izumi was currently standing on a chair so that he could reach up to the top shelf. I smiled, even with the chair he kept boosting himself up onto his toes to reach the back of it. He paused for a moment to stretch, probably from having to repeatedly bend down to the counter, but his overzealousness with the movement caused his chair to teeter.

I stepped forward, and he gasped, about to fall, but as Tsume passed by with a box under her arm she casually steadied him with a hand on his back and continued on, "You better not die in here, that's bad luck."

He smiled at her with a sheepish laugh, "Thank you."

I shook my head, trying to go back to work. Yes, that was the person I was going to marry, a tiny little clutz with far too many emotions packed into his small frame. And to think that he was one of the best marksmen I knew, one of the best trap makers too.

Being in this house made it all seem a little more real to me, the idea of marriage that was. I wanted to marry Izumi, that much I knew, but the whole 'how' and 'when' thing was the issue. Perhaps Izumi would answer those for me and propose to me himself, I hadn't completely ruled out that option, and of course I'd say yes, but I was also hoping I'd be able to take the initiative.

He deserved to be made to feel special, he'd certainly done that for me, but I knew I had to wait until Hinata's life calmed down because I didn't want to add more on top of what she already had to take on... that and I had no idea how to do anything yet.

What was a proposal? Was the bare minimum a 'will you marry me?', or was there some other process that was required? What was the threshold for a 'good' proposal? Would Kiba be any help in that regard? Or did he do something that was specific to the Inuzuka's? Did he even properly propose? I sure hope he fucking did.