Double Date

Shikamaru had always teased me that I spent too much time on my appearance, and I was starting to believe him because I couldn't believe that I was actually late for something because I wanted to curl my hair! Maybe I shouldn't have let it grow out this long.

As I approached our meeting point, though, it didn't seem like Hinata and Kiba had been waiting long, wait- What was Lee doing here!?

Lee's arms were currently wrapped around Hinata in one of his overly friendly hugs, incredibly she didn't seem to mind. Kiba apparently did, and as I grew closer it almost sounded like he was growling quietly. That was until Hinata reached over to poke him in the side, and he looked away in an almost pout, noticing me.

"Ah, Ino, you're here!" Kiba's annoyance disappeared with a smile that still made my heart feel like it skipped a beat; I truly was hopeless if I couldn't even handle a man's smile anymore.

Lee looked over with an even brighter grin, crap, I really was doomed wasn't I, "Ino! I'm glad you could join us!"

I tried not to blush at how happy he was to see me, you think I'd be used to it by now given that that was how he always greeted me, "O-of course! Sorry, I'm late."

Kiba waved it off, "It's not like we're gonna miss our reservation. We got plenty of time."

Hinata nodded, "If we start walking now we'll still be early.

"Leave it to you to get a head start." I chuckled; everything always had to be planned with her.

"Let's get going then!" Lee declared, beginning to march off.

Kiba gestured to Akamaru, the dog walking up alongside Hinata, and she gave Kiba a scowl, "Are we really doing this?"

Kiba walked over to her, gently lifting her up by her waist to set her on the dog, "Yes, you shouldn't tire yourself out." Ohmygod, how cute!

He gestured again for Akamaru to start walking, and Hinata crossed her arms over her chest, "I'm pregnant, not terminally ill."

Lee turned around in confusion, "You shouldn't underestimate her strength." He smiled, "Nothing will slow Hinata down!"

"I know that." Kiba scoffed, "But she doesn't need to stress herself out when it isn't necessary."

"Someone else should learn that lesson." I muttered under my breath.

Kiba shot a glare at me, and Hinata chuckled, taking one of Kiba's hands while she rested her other on her stomach, "If it'll make you happy, I suppose this won't be a problem, but walking isn't going to kill me, and are you sure Akamaru will be okay?"

"Like you're somehow heavier than I am?" Kiba questioned, and Hinata's laugh made him relax a bit.

"Fair enough." She smiled.

I moved to Kiba's other side, "So, what's the plan for today? And, not that I'm not happy to have been invited or anything, but isn't this kinda an odd group for wedding preparations?"

Lee flipped around to walk backwards so he could face us, "Yes, I am curious as well!"

"We're trying to figure out the catering situation." Hinata began, "And, well, I can't exactly drink right now, Shino can't, Izumi shouldn't, Neji doesn't want to, and while Lee shouldn't either, he can help with the food, and he isn't uncomfortable just being around alcohol."