Chaperoning the Boys

"You're kidding."

But the look Hinata was giving me was not kidding, no she was dead serious, "What's with that, hm? You're acting like none of you have ever interacted with him before."
In an attempt to not immediately become frustrated, I took a breath, leveling her with a deadpan look, "Yes, but are you really asking me to be the person to bring Kakashi to hang out?"

"That's exactly what I'm asking." Hinata replied with an equally flat expression, then quirking a brow, "And I thought this was a meeting to work on the prosthetics."

"It is." I tried not to wince. I mean, that's what those meetings were supposed to be, but things usually didn't end up going that way. We'd always get off track eventually, but that was besides the point, "So what does Kakashi need to be there for? What's he gonna get out of 'helping' us with that."

Planting her hands on her hips, it occurred to me that this was something she was not going to let go of easily, a determined frown set in her brow, "'Helping'? You realize he's the Hokage, right? Intelligent, skilled, he'd certainly find a way to make himself useful."

"Okay, sure," Dammit, why was she doing this now, right when I'm about to freaking leave? "But doesn't that mean he has better things to do?"

Now Hinata took a calming breath, placing a hand on the back of Alonso's head where he was strapped to her chest, "Look, you need to get over this little thing you have with him, honestly you all do but that's besides the point. You're basically gonna be related, y'know." What the hell did she mean by that? She noted my incredulous stare, sighing, "When Sakura and him get married, and it will happen whether you like it or not, you'll be like brothers in law, y'know, cause Sakura and I are like sisters?"

"What?" No, that didn't make any goddamn sense to me, and I sure as hell didn't want to think about us being 'related'.

"Okay, fine, don't think of it that way, but when Sakura marries, if you wanna be around her you'll have to be around him a lot." She then frowned, "And do you really want to make her upset? She wants the two of you to get along. She'll be pretty sad when she gets here and hears that you won't allow him to come."

I just about lost it right then and there. Sakura was bringing him with her with the expectation that he'd be leaving with me? This fucking- she made it so it was impossible for me to say no! "Really nice of you to put me in this situation right as I'm about to leave, you know."

"It would've been nice for you to tell me that you were leaving earlier." She countered with what was an annoyingly good point, "And don't act like me asking you sooner would've changed your answer in any way."

Scoffing, I shrugged "Maybe, but it would've been better at least. I'd be able to think through it more."

"Well, I hope you've thought through it enough because they'll be here any minute." She replied aloofly, now gazing down at Alonso.

There was no way I was gonna win this, and so I turned back to the door and did my best to keep myself from pouting, "Fine. I'll take him. Have fun with your dress shopping."

"I will." I could practically hear the smile on her face, and I ripped open the door to find Sakura on the other side.

"Kiba!" She grinned widely and promptly hugged me, either completely oblivious or uncaring of what was most likely an unpleasant expression on my face. I was able to wipe away my frown though by time she smiled back up at me, "How are you? Sleep well last night?"

Smiling now, I glanced back at my sleeping baby, "As well as I could." Funny how they made nights so awful when they spent so much time sleeping during the day.